Morning Anxiety

[...]

Morning anxiety gets me all the times. Every single morning. Right now I'm in a full blown panic, thinking all sorts of morbid thoughts about spirits and demon possessions. After I watched winter tale movie. This lasts hours usually easing off in the evening.  This  life sucks

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to throw this out as a ray of hope for those who suffer from morning anxiety which typically gets better as the day rolls on, only to have the cycle repeat the next morning. Without going in to super detail, I suffered with morning anxiety for years and years. At times, it would be crushing anxiety. I look back now and don’t know how I got through that. It was brutal. I guess you do what you got to do.

Eventually I found this site and realized that I was in tolerance withdrawal and began a long taper process.  I did a long year and a half taper because I had to continue working. I am now a year and a half benzo free and I have zero morning anxiety. Actually no anxiety at all except for situationally appropriate anxiety. It’s actually been gone for quite awhile. I don’t remember when I realized it was no longer bothering me. It was a very gradual process.

I think most of you will find that it will slowly dissipate as you continue your taper and begin your new life benzo free. I know for me it was definitely caused by benzo use even though I was prescribed a relatively small amount.

Best Wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to throw this out as a ray of hope for those who suffer from morning anxiety which typically gets better as the day rolls on, only to have the cycle repeat the next morning. Without going in to super detail, I suffered with morning anxiety for years and years. At times, it would be crushing anxiety. I look back now and don’t know how I got through that. It was brutal. I guess you do what you got to do.

Eventually I found this site and realized that I was in tolerance withdrawal and began a long taper process.  I did a long year and a half taper because I had to continue working. I am now a year and a half benzo free and I have zero morning anxiety. Actually no anxiety at all except for situationally appropriate anxiety. It’s actually been gone for quite awhile. I don’t remember when I realized it was no longer bothering me. It was a very gradual process.

I think most of you will find that it will slowly dissipate as you continue your taper and begin your new life benzo free. I know for me it was definitely caused by benzo use even though I was prescribed a relatively small amount.

Best Wishes.

Hi

Just been looking for something just like this ! It gives me a boast to know that the anxiety will eventually go ! Morning is by far the worst for me , a total dread of the day and stomach in knots , I do go for a 3 mile walk in the morning and it helps , distraction throughout the day helps and I’m generally more calm in the evenings, can’t wait for this to ease off and mornings to become calm and just average.

PO

Best Wishes.

Hi

Just been looking for something just like this ! It gives me a boast to know that the anxiety will eventually go ! Morning is by far the worst for me , a total dread of the day and stomach in knots , I do go for a 3 mile walk in the morning and it helps , distraction throughout the day helps and I’m generally more calm in the evenings, can’t wait for this to ease off and mornings to become calm and just average.

PO

This is very common. I actually feel close to "normal" at night. During the morning and mid-day? Nope.

Does anyone seem to have less anxiety during the night and then it resets as you wake up the next morning?

I don't have an alarm clock or even a specific time to wake, lately I have been staying up late just to enjoy less anxiety, at night I look at myself in

the mirror and tell my self WTF was you so stressed about all day, I actually feel like myself lots of the times in the night.

Its like a nightmare, I wake up and my anxiety and panic is back full force, I just don't get it...

Also I've noticed at night my blood pressure and pulse will be lower, that is probably because I'm not freaking myself out with bad thoughts though...

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.6a4fe38089b275a4f4f218982a373fe6&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fwVcNP3TnXbl84%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=yzvao6o7rpaPEuFUlGndBtZVynSrwrZNukLSuLvkhL0%3d

Word for word man

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday mornings I have the most anxiety.  My only day to sleep in (I go to church on Wednesdays) and not have any "must do's".  So this should be my easiest day?

Someone mentioned - cortisol levels? - being the culprit?  I will look into that?

I'm 7 months off and it's my worse sxs, still struggling with it in the  morning and can't seem to shake it.

It's mild when I'm home but raging when I go to work........ hope it gets better soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have morning anxiety

bc I wake up knowing I

took the med for sleep

the night before.

I take it for sleep

and I work I don’t want to be

without sleep.

I have morning anxiety

bc I wake up knowing I

took the med for sleep

the night before.

I take it for sleep

and I work I don’t want to be

without sleep.

Healthy,

Write your taper plan using Ashton, implement it religiously. No need to worry any more. Meanwhile, google some sleep hygiene plans. Good luck

I must be strange....I guess everyone's  taper is different. I am terrified in the early morning. Then it gets better.  Then as night approaches, the panic sets in again. But I have no doubt this will get better and better over time. Maybe it does have to do with those pesky adrenalin and cortisol levels. I am going through a phase of extreme- several hours at a time - heart palps. I find that over time, for me, some sx flare up then fade, only to be replaced by another sx.

I must be strange....I guess everyone's  taper is different. I am terrified in the early morning. Then it gets better.  Then as night approaches, the panic sets in again. But I have no doubt this will get better and better over time. Maybe it does have to do with those pesky adrenalin and cortisol levels. I am going through a phase of extreme- several hours at a time - heart palps. I find that over time, for me, some sx flare up then fade, only to be replaced by another sx.

Joy,

Sounds like recovery to me. Good luck as you finish your taper.

Joy,

Sounds like recovery to me. Good luck as you finish your taper.

That is a wonderful way to see it!!! They are healing sx not taper sx. I don't want to become the 24 hour Kvetching Channel to my family....and even here too because BB has been so helpful. Thank you for the uplifting sentiment.  :thumbsup:

Hi All,

I have had morning anxiety for years. At its worst I wake up in complete distress and my racing mind will not let me stay in bed. I have seen many medical professionals and not one has said they have heard of this phenomenon. This is the first website where I have seen it openly discussed. Good to know I am not alone

I also get better as the day goes on and bed time I almost feel symptom free at times. What has helped me is doing what I don want to do and force myself to get up shower and dress and do something , anything, I feel much better than I would staying home and feeling sorry for myself.

Hi All,

I have had morning anxiety for years. At its worst I wake up in complete distress and my racing mind will not let me stay in bed. I have seen many medical professionals and not one has said they have heard of this phenomenon. This is the first website where I have seen it openly discussed. Good to know I am not alone

I also get better as the day goes on and bed time I almost feel symptom free at times. What has helped me is doing what I don want to do and force myself to get up shower and dress and do something , anything, I feel much better than I would staying home and feeling sorry for myself.

Very similar for me. Becoming vertical and going out for a walk took it away completely most days.

Morning anxiety? Yep, I get that too. It started recently for me, say 3 to 4 days ago, but now it's a recurrent "feature", not to mention the tinnitus (though it has decreased a bit recently). I am still in the process of withdrawing and should complete my taper end of this week. I must admit I am nervous as to all those withdraw symptoms will evolve once I am off the bloody medication...

Did your withdraw symptoms get worse after completing your taper?

Did you get new post-withdrawal symptoms?

SG