Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 2190 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2019, 02:10:19 pm »
Sunday mornings I have the most anxiety.  My only day to sleep in (I go to church on Wednesdays) and not have any "must do's".  So this should be my easiest day?
Someone mentioned - cortisol levels? - being the culprit?  I will look into that?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2019, 06:10:16 pm »
I'm 7 months off and it's my worse sxs, still struggling with it in the  morning and can't seem to shake it.
It's mild when I'm home but raging when I go to work........ hope it gets better soon.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 12:38:05 pm »
I have morning anxiety
bc I wake up knowing I
took the med for sleep
the night before.
I take it for sleep
and I work I donít want to be
without sleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 12:53:40 pm »
I have morning anxiety
bc I wake up knowing I
took the med for sleep
the night before.
I take it for sleep
and I work I donít want to be
without sleep.

Healthy,

Write your taper plan using Ashton, implement it religiously. No need to worry any more. Meanwhile, google some sleep hygiene plans. Good luck

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2020, 10:29:13 am »
I want to clear my taper with Dr first
If possible
Doubt they will support Ashton
Will need scripts to do Ashton model

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 12:11:26 pm »
I must be strange....I guess everyone's  taper is different. I am terrified in the early morning. Then it gets better.  Then as night approaches, the panic sets in again. But I have no doubt this will get better and better over time. Maybe it does have to do with those pesky adrenalin and cortisol levels. I am going through a phase of extreme- several hours at a time - heart palps. I find that over time, for me, some sx flare up then fade, only to be replaced by another sx.

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2020, 05:34:22 pm »
I must be strange....I guess everyone's  taper is different. I am terrified in the early morning. Then it gets better.  Then as night approaches, the panic sets in again. But I have no doubt this will get better and better over time. Maybe it does have to do with those pesky adrenalin and cortisol levels. I am going through a phase of extreme- several hours at a time - heart palps. I find that over time, for me, some sx flare up then fade, only to be replaced by another sx.

Joy,

Sounds like recovery to me. Good luck as you finish your taper.

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2020, 06:12:21 pm »

Joy,

Sounds like recovery to me. Good luck as you finish your taper.

That is a wonderful way to see it!!! They are healing sx not taper sx. I don't want to become the 24 hour Kvetching Channel to my family....and even here too because BB has been so helpful. Thank you for the uplifting sentiment.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2020, 01:50:19 am »
Hi All,

I have had morning anxiety for years. At its worst I wake up in complete distress and my racing mind will not let me stay in bed. I have seen many medical professionals and not one has said they have heard of this phenomenon. This is the first website where I have seen it openly discussed. Good to know I am not alone

I also get better as the day goes on and bed time I almost feel symptom free at times. What has helped me is doing what I don want to do and force myself to get up shower and dress and do something , anything, I feel much better than I would staying home and feeling sorry for myself.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2020, 08:04:39 am »
Hi All,

I have had morning anxiety for years. At its worst I wake up in complete distress and my racing mind will not let me stay in bed. I have seen many medical professionals and not one has said they have heard of this phenomenon. This is the first website where I have seen it openly discussed. Good to know I am not alone

I also get better as the day goes on and bed time I almost feel symptom free at times. What has helped me is doing what I don want to do and force myself to get up shower and dress and do something , anything, I feel much better than I would staying home and feeling sorry for myself.

Very similar for me. Becoming vertical and going out for a walk took it away completely most days.