Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 861 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 08:16:55 am »
Hi

Amongst other w/d symptoms Iím struggling bad with morning anxiety, it had gotten a bit better but Iím slammed with it again, as soon as I open my eyes it starts , my stomach is in knots I feel so anxious itís awful I just feel desperate, I lay there because I canít get up at 4am because the day is so long anyway, I try everything, breathing exercise, counting , thinking of colours etc but it churning away, when I get up I have some cereal then go for a 30 minute walk to try and distract which helps a bit. Iíve had days totally anxiety free so I know my brain can do this I just hate it so much itís scary and I worry it will never go but most say it does eventually.

Pushing,

It will go. One of my most severe symptoms was overnight pulsing in my arms and legs from about 0100 which would stop when I got up. Itís gone now. I would also have major dizzy heads. Theyíve gone now. I would also get nasty bouts of depression in the morning. Theyíve gone now. Unfortunately, they have been replaced with other symptoms but I can happily say they are not as severe. I always said to God that I would be happy with anything if I could lose the dizzy heads and thatís still true, but the constant one symptom after another is still very challenging.

Anyway, letís end on a positive. I am way better than three months ago. In October I expect to be better again. Your anxiety will go, patience is the key here I think. Itís just that some days it is easier to be more patient than others isnít it?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 08:57:22 am »
Hi G

You are a constant support and inspiration for me, thank you! As you know from my ďmanyĒ other posts that Iím trying so hard to fight this, I stick to a routine, I do something everyday and really try hard to accept this even though I still have to remind myself sometimes that this is real and will take as long as it takes but oh my itís so hard sometimes isnít it, Iím 4 months out now and truly thought Iíd be ok now, silly me! I have had improvement there is no doubt of that but the harder days seem to feel harder!

Thanks again and Iím glad to hear you are still making progress even though this crap brings on new symptoms all the time at least some things have gone or got better.

Iím sick of crying, I look about 100 years old lol

PO
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 12:34:29 pm »
Hi G

You are a constant support and inspiration for me, thank you! As you know from my ďmanyĒ other posts that Iím trying so hard to fight this, I stick to a routine, I do something everyday and really try hard to accept this even though I still have to remind myself sometimes that this is real and will take as long as it takes but oh my itís so hard sometimes isnít it, Iím 4 months out now and truly thought Iíd be ok now, silly me! I have had improvement there is no doubt of that but the harder days seem to feel harder!

Thanks again and Iím glad to hear you are still making progress even though this crap brings on new symptoms all the time at least some things have gone or got better.

Iím sick of crying, I look about 100 years old lol

PO

Hi Pushing,

Thanks for the kind words:means a lot to me.

The evidence is that weíre all different in our recovery and sometimes wildly different. But at four months out I was on the floor. I really couldnít function well. I remember walking to the local supermarket and I was afraid to go in! How could that be? There was no rationality to it. Bloody benzo.

I still have peaks of intensity but they have definitely lowered. Itís like it was Everest and now itís Ben Nevis. When it gets to Primrose Hill proportions (sorry non-Londoners) Iíll be a lot happier.

But let me give you this encouragement Pushing. There cane a point a couple of months ago when mentally I was on top of it and the symptoms became an annoyance rather than an impediment. A tipping point, if you like. Yours is coming, hopefully sooner than mine did and you will become filled with hope and expectation.

Tomorrow might be the day for you or the day after or a bit later but make no mistake, it is coming.

Forward!

Best wishes

G

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 01:42:05 pm »
Does anyone seem to have less anxiety during the night and then it resets as you wake up the next morning?

I don't have an alarm clock or even a specific time to wake, lately I have been staying up late just to enjoy less anxiety, at night I look at myself in
the mirror and tell my self WTF was you so stressed about all day, I actually feel like myself lots of the times in the night.

Its like a nightmare, I wake up and my anxiety and panic is back full force, I just don't get it...

Also I've noticed at night my blood pressure and pulse will be lower, that is probably because I'm not freaking myself out with bad thoughts though...
I feel the same. Mornings are awful with deep anxiety and depression - lots of crying. In the evenings I often feel "normal", symptom free. Sometimes I get my hopes up and start planning for good days ahead, just to wake up disappointed every single morning. I hate this!

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 05:31:09 pm »
Does anyone seem to have less anxiety during the night and then it resets as you wake up the next morning?

I don't have an alarm clock or even a specific time to wake, lately I have been staying up late just to enjoy less anxiety, at night I look at myself in
the mirror and tell my self WTF was you so stressed about all day, I actually feel like myself lots of the times in the night.

Its like a nightmare, I wake up and my anxiety and panic is back full force, I just don't get it...

Also I've noticed at night my blood pressure and pulse will be lower, that is probably because I'm not freaking myself out with bad thoughts though...
I feel the same. Mornings are awful with deep anxiety and depression - lots of crying. In the evenings I often feel "normal", symptom free. Sometimes I get my hopes up and start planning for good days ahead, just to wake up disappointed every single morning. I hate this!

Hi [...],

Yes, I get what you are talking about. You are definitely not alone. It was the same for me and then mornings became easier and the anxiety passed. But I did then start to get some evening symptoms. This is such a sonofabitch. However, as time has progressed I can say that in my case the symptom load (total number of hours x intensity - Iíve just made that up) has undoubtedly reduced. Some days I find it hard to bear that it continues, other days I feel happy that itís not as intense. Somehow we just have to make sure that the latter is the predominant feeling.

Time is all it takes so hang on in there.

Best wishes

G

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 06:57:08 am »
Morning anxiety gets me all the times. Every single morning. Right now I'm in a full blown panic, thinking all sorts of morbid thoughts about spirits and demon possessions. After I watched winter tale movie. This lasts hours usually easing off in the evening.  This  life sucks