Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 869 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 12:59:33 am »
I have been experiencing this morning anxiety for months now. It seems to be pretty common. I can totally relate to how you are feeling. Some days are better than others, I have noticed that.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 12:55:14 pm »
I too have wicked anxiety and panic in the mornings.  Usually by 10:30 A.M. I start to feel more like me.  I still go through the "what it's " and other worry patterns (looping thoughts) but they are not as uncomfortable as the first chunk of my morning.  We are all in this same boat together!❤
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 01:05:09 pm »
For me, mornings are the worst part of my day, with anxiety, panic and the "what ifs" looping thoughts that are intrusive in my brain.  By about 10:30, I begin to feel a little bit more stable.  So I am in the same boat as all of you.  We are stuck in this boat together, which is better than being alone ❤

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 02:52:35 pm »
I have this. I have a sense of anxiety right upon waking, which usually leads to feeling depressed and not wanting to wake up at all. Does this honestly get better? I've never really been a morning person and I used to sleep in whenever possible. I can't sleep in anymore because of withdrawal and the fact that my wife and I have a daughter. But I'm tired of never feeling excited in the morning and only dread for the upcoming day. All I look forward to is night time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 09:25:43 pm »
I have this. I have a sense of anxiety right upon waking, which usually leads to feeling depressed and not wanting to wake up at all. Does this honestly get better? I've never really been a morning person and I used to sleep in whenever possible. I can't sleep in anymore because of withdrawal and the fact that my wife and I have a daughter. But I'm tired of never feeling excited in the morning and only dread for the upcoming day. All I look forward to is night time.

I always have a cup of coffee in the morning. It gives me something to look forward to, and I always feel a whole lot better after I drink it. Of course, for some people, coffee revs up their anxiety, so proceed with caution. You could have a cup of hot chocolate instead. That too may rev up the anxiety, but it really cuts through the depression.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 05:59:50 pm »
I definitely have morning anxiety and would love to hear any suggestions about how to beat it. I've tried deep breathing, drinking water, gratitude, yogurt, and peppermint tea. What works for others?

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 07:09:55 pm »
I definitely have morning anxiety and would love to hear any suggestions about how to beat it. I've tried deep breathing, drinking water, gratitude, yogurt, and peppermint tea. What works for others?

Cuddly,

Getting out of the house and walking 5 miles makes it go away 90% of the time for me, even though sometimes I donít want to get up. It can come back periodically during the day but nothing like as bad and I can manage it with breathing.

Best

G

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 04:04:49 pm »
Every single morning until it stopped. Eventually it will! Iím having much better mornings now. Thatís not to say theyíre completely gone, but theyíre much less intense. Iím starting to actually have good mornings! I never thought Iíd see the day :D

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 09:27:45 pm »
Every single morning until it stopped. Eventually it will! Iím having much better mornings now. Thatís not to say theyíre completely gone, but theyíre much less intense. Iím starting to actually have good mornings! I never thought Iíd see the day :D

[...],

Great to hear. An inspiration for all

G

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 07:35:43 am »
Hi

Amongst other w/d symptoms Iím struggling bad with morning anxiety, it had gotten a bit better but Iím slammed with it again, as soon as I open my eyes it starts , my stomach is in knots I feel so anxious itís awful I just feel desperate, I lay there because I canít get up at 4am because the day is so long anyway, I try everything, breathing exercise, counting , thinking of colours etc but it churning away, when I get up I have some cereal then go for a 30 minute walk to try and distract which helps a bit. Iíve had days totally anxiety free so I know my brain can do this I just hate it so much itís scary and I worry it will never go but most say it does eventually.