Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 900 times)

[Buddie]

Morning Anxiety
« on: July 13, 2019, 05:28:58 am »
Does anyone seem to have less anxiety during the night and then it resets as you wake up the next morning?

I don't have an alarm clock or even a specific time to wake, lately I have been staying up late just to enjoy less anxiety, at night I look at myself in
the mirror and tell my self WTF was you so stressed about all day, I actually feel like myself lots of the times in the night.

Its like a nightmare, I wake up and my anxiety and panic is back full force, I just don't get it...

Also I've noticed at night my blood pressure and pulse will be lower, that is probably because I'm not freaking myself out with bad thoughts though...
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 06:16:39 pm »
Morning anxiety is very common. I have it as well. Today was better than others. Actually took my dose 2.5 hours later hopefully thatís not a bad thing. But definitely normal from my experience and what others have said on here
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:47:01 pm »
 I was this way too. I believe itís because cortisol levels are higher in the morning.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 09:19:39 pm »
Does anyone seem to have less anxiety during the night and then it resets as you wake up the next morning?

I don't have an alarm clock or even a specific time to wake, lately I have been staying up late just to enjoy less anxiety, at night I look at myself in
the mirror and tell my self WTF was you so stressed about all day, I actually feel like myself lots of the times in the night.

Its like a nightmare, I wake up and my anxiety and panic is back full force, I just don't get it...

Also I've noticed at night my blood pressure and pulse will be lower, that is probably because I'm not freaking myself out with bad thoughts though...

Yes, I have exactly the same pattern.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 09:50:26 am »
It's the same for me. I can feel almost calm late evening and think of all the things I would love to do the next day. I tend to stay awake too late to enjoy feeling normal, then it starts all over again around 4-5am I wake with dread, and fear, and it builds and  builds to levels that I feel I wont survive it,
If it's cortisol levels, then surely there must be things you can do to reduce it down a little in the day, without being sedated.

I live is such terror all day long, and that breeds a sense that I wont mend, because I started this journey due to anxiety, though nothing as severe as this.

I am just hoping that as I come off the valium I will find calm in the daytime too, and I will be more able to use natural ways to manage my life.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 11:43:48 am »
It's the same for me. I can feel almost calm late evening and think of all the things I would love to do the next day. I tend to stay awake too late to enjoy feeling normal, then it starts all over again around 4-5am I wake with dread, and fear, and it builds and  builds to levels that I feel I wont survive it,
If it's cortisol levels, then surely there must be things you can do to reduce it down a little in the day, without being sedated.

I live is such terror all day long, and that breeds a sense that I wont mend, because I started this journey due to anxiety, though nothing as severe as this.

I am just hoping that as I come off the valium I will find calm in the daytime too, and I will be more able to use natural ways to manage my life.

[...]

I believe itís raised cortisol that causes this. Mine started at 0500 for months but would improve significantly after I got up, showered and went out for a walk. Quite bizarrely I would lay there in the half-light feeling way down about getting up but knowing that once I was up, things would improve.

Over 9 months, the nights l had this reduced from 2/3 to 1/2 and now 1/8. I canít pin down why it happens when it does which is very annoying.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 08:39:59 pm »

Quite bizarrely I would lay there in the half-light feeling way down about getting up but knowing that once I was up, things would improve.

Exactly. Don't want to get up because I'm so tired because my sleep is so bad, and yet, I always feel better once I get up, and I always know I will. Now and then I'll get up for a while, even have some coffee, and then when I'm feeling ok, go back to bed for a couple hours. I can only do that on weekends, of course, but at least I get some decent sleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 10:08:34 pm »
Oh yes...it is major from the time I open my eyes. I don't know if it comes from the " what going to happen today " or if it comes from it was so peaceful asleep and now it's worry and computer and what the hell is wrong with me. Then there is night...as it gets closer to bedtime I watch a movie and though I am not normal calm I seem to be much calmer than I was during the day and actually wait for the evening to come, but if I wake in the middle of the night that fear comes in my head that I won't be able to go back to sleep. It feels like my personal anxiety prison sometimes. Dark and lonely, sometimes scary and my wife who commutes and has to get up so early sleeps in the guest room in case I wake up in the middle of the night and I certainly don't blame her because I don't want exhaustion from me on her. The middle of the night...early morning is worse than when I have slept through the night. I dread it.

This damn anxiety...I feel your pain and I am sorry for all.
Peace, Love and Understanding
David

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 10:44:18 pm »
I should add, though, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be, for me. It has gotten better over time. It's been up and down, but overall, it's gotten better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 01:03:05 pm »

Ditto! Same here...my anxiety is always worse in the mornings.