Happy Birthday Prof Ashton...

[Mo...]

90 years old today .  :smitten:

Background

Ashton, Chrystal Heather was born on July 11, 1929 in Dehra Dun, India. Arrived on England, 1935. Daughter of Harry George and Chrystal Tempé (Parsons) Champion.

Education

Bachelor in Phsyiology, Oxford University, England, 1951. Master of Arts, Bachelor of Medicine, BCh, Oxford University, England, 1954. DM, Oxford University, England, 1961.

Career

House physician, surgeon Middlesex Hospital, London, 1954-1957, research scholar, 1957-1959. Lecturer pharmacology Middlesex Hospital Medical School, 1961-1964, University Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, 1965-1974, senior lecturer, 1974-1986. Consultant in clinical pharmacology University Area Health Authority, Newcastle upon Tyne, since 1975, reader in clinical psychopharmacology, since 1986.

Achievements

Certified medical diplomate, university educator.

Membership

Fellow Royal College Physicians (life). Member Royal Society Medicine, British Pharmaceutical Society, British Association for Psychopharmacology, also others.

Interests

Other Interests

Squash, tennis, walking, gardening, travel.

90 years old today .  :smitten:

Background

Ashton, Chrystal Heather was born on July 11, 1929 in Dehra Dun, India. Arrived on England, 1935. Daughter of Harry George and Chrystal Tempé (Parsons) Champion.

Education

Bachelor in Phsyiology, Oxford University, England, 1951. Master of Arts, Bachelor of Medicine, BCh, Oxford University, England, 1954. DM, Oxford University, England, 1961.

Career

House physician, surgeon Middlesex Hospital, London, 1954-1957, research scholar, 1957-1959. Lecturer pharmacology Middlesex Hospital Medical School, 1961-1964, University Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, 1965-1974, senior lecturer, 1974-1986. Consultant in clinical pharmacology University Area Health Authority, Newcastle upon Tyne, since 1975, reader in clinical psychopharmacology, since 1986.

Achievements

Certified medical diplomate, university educator.

Membership

Fellow Royal College Physicians (life). Member Royal Society Medicine, British Pharmaceutical Society, British Association for Psychopharmacology, also others.

Interests

Other Interests

Squash, tennis, walking, gardening, travel.

is it a coincidence today is World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day? or was it named for her?

is it a coincidence today is World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day? or was it named for her?

I don't really know....but it would make sense for sure.

Forever grateful to this lovely lady...one of the Angels who had a part in saving my life. Wishing Prof. Ashton health, peace, and happiness always.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. — Isaac Newton

Yes the date was chosen to coincide with her birthday. 

Yes the date was chosen to coincide with her birthday.

Cheers Fiona.  :thumbsup::smitten:

Happy Birthday Prof. Ashton.  Thank you for being who you are.  The world needs many, many more physicians like you.  Can you imagine a world like that where docs actually believe you when you tell them what's going with you?  :smitten:

Dr. Ashton,  :happybday: :happybday:

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for saving my life and those of others  from the injuries and harm caused by poisonous benzodiazepine drugs.

May you continue to receive peace, wellness, and joy always!

Claudia, THANK YOU!!! She helped so many and still does today! :smitten: :smitten:

Welcome Terry....shes deserves a medal so does Colin.  :smitten:

Yes, I certainly hope so, Fiona!! She has done a world of good to so many, far more than so many others!! Her manual is still used very much today, and she has had the guts, the courage, to continue with her work while doctors pooh-poohed her and still do to this day. A true champion walks alone, and she is one of them!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, I certainly hope so, Fiona!! She has done a world of good to so many, far more than so many others!! Her manual is still used very much today, and she has had the guts, the courage, to continue with her work while doctors pooh-poohed her and still do to this day. A true champion walks alone, and she is one of them!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

At least she knows how much she is appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...