Switching k to v. Meeting with doctor tomorow

[Wo...]

Hey all. I’ve been taking klonopin for 6 weeks consistently now. Starting to do a taper and hoping for the best. I meet with my psych tomorrow and I remember calling her on the phone and her telling me she didn’t believe 1mg k = 1mg Valium. She has been very easy to access pills from, so I’m not sure I want to drop her as a psych since that is one of the harder things to get are the pills... but she also doesn’t seem to think much into withdrawal at my dose. I believe I can convince her to get me Valium but wondering if you think that’s a good idea since my body is used to klonopin and I’m beginning my taper by dlmt. I know klonopin is a higher half-life but I heard Valium is even longer. One reason klonopin sounds better is because I can probably feel my cuts sooner if I need to slow down. However if it’s generally easier I may try.

My klonopin dosage is equivalent to about 5mg diazepam and I’m wondering if I should ask for that.

Anxiety is my main worry, does one of these help more than the other for that? Withdrawal symptoms have been minimal for me, and sometimes I am curious how much i really am in, or if my mind is so obsessed by this tapering deal. The only time I felt I had severe withdrawal was when I started prozac, and when my doses were irregular (which I now fixed). Curious on thought of switching from one long lasting  benzo to an ever longer.

Therapeutic feelings I believe I still get form klonopin while taking. Curious if Valium would help anxiety longer? Curious if it’s worth it at my low dose or keep chipping away

Hey, Wowzers91,

You've got a good plan, but the Valium substitution might indeed be a better option for your Benzo Recovery.

I attach a useful link in regards to equivalent doses. You just tied in the milligrams of the benzo, then pick the other benzo, and you convert - I find it to be the most reliable because it gives you a range, thus making it more accurate :thumbsup:

Benzo Calculator

As far as the anxiety issue, the differences are small :) Diazepam induces sleepiness easier, that's all I know. My two cents are that at such a lot dosage, it's best to stick to what you know that would work.

Ooops, sorry, dirsegard my first paragraph. I genuinely believe the better option for you could be to keep titrating with clonazepam. The end of the tunnel is near  :)

I agree with BenzoM, you are so low and imo, Valium does very little for anxiety.  I crossedover from Xanax to Valium.  Xanax was great for anxiety , Valium is very weak in that department.

Wish you lots of luck, Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀