What helped with nerve pain?

[Sa...]

Only thing I’ve found that helps is keeping my body cool. Hot showers , house work out doors anything that makes me hot makes it worse

SaraSue, I don't know how sensitive your CNS is but someone else told me that ALA supplement was helpful but you will want to do research.  I'm too sensitive to add anything.  I burn bad also - even though I am still on .5 mg klonopin - mine burns bad enough between doses at times that it feels like bees stinging me.  Hot showers and hot baths were making it worse so I had to stop those. 

Hi.

SS - We've communicated on this via PMs this week.  You'd written that you'd seen some improvement this week ??? I was sorry to see this post as it was just a day later.

Anyhow, I just wanted to add here, esp. as I've seen others note the hot weather.  I believe especially the humidity contributes - at least for myself.  Overall, I think it contributes to inflammation.  I'd had a dehumidifer always for over a decade.  Received a recall notice of models being recalled due to fires.  A 2-page list!  Immediately felt the motor on mine (it was still summer @ that time, so was running) & it was hot.  That was that.  I just haven't replaced, due to already being in this situation for some time now (in signature).  It's monumental b/c I had looked online for one 2 summers back & found that retailers are still selling the recalled models!  Unbelievable!  :o  So, this is now a project of finding models & checking against that recall list.  But, I really do need to do it.  My humidistat comfort level is between 25-60 & mine's been reading @ 75.  I know that before this, anything that might have been hurting, hurt worse w/humidity. 

Good luck anyone trying ALA.  I've seen here that it has helped many.  I've tried so many supplements...nothing's helped me, incl. ALA.  Tried 2 different brands, different dosages.  I'll try any supplement.  I just do lots of research first & carefully read ingredient labels. 

Anyway, hope I do hear from you SS.  Anybody else care to discuss things, it's fine to PM me.  :)

• 5 weeks later...
What helping me is pain med for nerve and burning pain. If you have some Tramadol or Oxycodone take it. Anything to get through the brutal WD days.