100% Recovered

[In...]

I thought it's important to come back and let others know, there's life after Benzos.

11 months ago I posted this http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=207891.0

I went C/T had a bit of a rough ride for a while there. But I never did return to Benzos and these days don't even think about them.

I was only reminded of this forum by seeing an email in my inbox. And I thought "you know what, many people recover and never return to give others hope" so here I am

Wishing you all the best.

I’m starting to get very nervous reading all these people that are taking months and months and months to get rid of symptoms. Yikes  :-[

I’m starting to get very nervous reading all these people that are taking months and months and months to get rid of symptoms. Yikes  :-[

don't worry!! everyone's case is completely different. i am worried too but remember, there are some people who taper off and have no symptoms at all, some people take it for a long time and have short acute withdrawal, some people take it for a short time and have long withdrawal, etc etc. it's all different probably based on pre-existing stress, nervous system sensitivity, metabolism of drugs, genetics, dose... you will be okay. and know that you will get better even if it takes a little longer than you thought.

I’m probably just in a window, but I don’t really want to think of it that way. I’m feeling better than I’ve felt thus far in this journey, and I’m going to soak it all up while I can! Don’t get discouraged, I journal so that every tiny step is a victory. Going back to read where I was a couple weeks ago when I’m feeling hopeless puts me back on track. Feeling happy and positive is a new feeling that started just yesterday, but I’ll take it. I didn’t set any expectations so that may have helped. The thread that helped me the most was about Benzo Lies by River Wolf. If you haven’t already read this, please do!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...