Supplies needed

[Wo...]

I saw on the main post that you needed a pestle and Mortar to crush pills? I’ve read of people just dissolving as well. Do I need to purchase this ? I’m also trying to find correct syringes to use for my taper. My current dose is .37mg klonopin. Found a sweet spot and am fully functioning with just tiny tingling in my hands and feet.

I plan on holding until next weekend but wanted to draw out a plan to begin tapering, and would like to try this method. I want to do a micro taper and unsure all of the supplies needed and what are recommended. The videos on the sticky post also is not working.  I would be making a full weeks supply correct? I have 1mg pills but have always cut them in smaller pieces so not sure the best # of pills to use and what measurement would be the easiest to devise a plan where i drop about .01mg a day. And then hold if needed. Does that seem to ambitious? Once i get Lower I will be holding longer, but since I did updose wasn’t sure if this was okay.

As of now I have on my list

Pestle and mortar (if needed)

10ml syringe with leur slip tip, no needle (for doses?)

10ml syringe with leur slip tip, no needle (for alcohol/water mix)

Im worried that a 10ml syringe will be harder to do smaller cuts ? Should I get a 1ml syringe also?

What does everyone usually keep their week supply in?

Also, everyone’s body is different I know,  but effects after a a cut and hold are usually experienced when for you? Would like to cut on Saturday and hold at lower doses to help me throughout the week ? Does this seem wise ? Any advice on materials would be appreciated

.01 would be anywhere from 15-20% I believe in cutting so that may not be smart. Just need help with getting stocked before my taper plan. Sorry for the confusion

wowser,

Do a google or youtube search .......type in: crazy canuck benzo detox   

"one picture is worth a thousand words" kind of a thing for the BASIC concept of DLMT as well as a GENERAL overview of supplies needed. After watching the visual I can better comprehend the DLMT info on BB in order to work toward putting together a comprehensive plan for my specific needs.

That is an awesome source and a good spreadsheet easy to understand . I just am not sure using milk over alcohol like others have done. But that really makes it simple. Has anyone found a spreadsheet similar for the alcohol and water method? I do not want to be the person always crying for help on the forums lol. He is showing about a 15% drop in 14 days with his standard usage.

Also the tossing is wasting medication you could use later. But I do like the simplicity. I don’t believe if I want to go the other route I will need a 60,10 and 5ml syringe though.. mason jars are good though I would imagine for either method ?

Milk, water, or whatever .....everyone is different. Some people go to a compound pharmacy and I hear they can do a lot (depending on the pharmacist).

Percentages.... everyone tapers at a rate which is comfortable for their body and even then the taper will probably be adjusted over the process. 

You'll find that there is a difference in placing the benzo in solution vs suspension. 

Regarding a spreadsheet..... youtube search:  Jim Hawk micro taper

He and Bella Amis (BB members) put together a spreadsheet which can be printed. The link is attached below their video.

For tons of information ......... pour over the BB forums for tapering (general, substitution and titration). It takes some reading but one can learn a lot.  On those forums it discusses a method in which liquid is NOT tossed. 

Best wishes in your taper....

You only need the 10 ml syringe you have and a 1 ml.

The mixture is 1:2:8. You mix 1 mg benzo to 2 ml vodka. Benzo dissolves. You may need to stir with K to speed it along. Add 8 ml water. Master mix is done. That covers you for two days at .37 benzo per day.

Multiple by 5 on the recipe for 10 days = 5 mg of pills, 10 ml vodka, 40 ml water (just draw four times with 10 ml syringe).

For math, ignore the pill mg weight. It is negligible. So, you have 10 ml per 1 mg pill which makes the math super easy (just a decimal point).

Now you have your master mix. You draw from it no matter the amount you take.

At .37 mg benzo, you draw 3.7 ml master mix. Pull 3 ml with the 10 ml syringe and .3 from the 1 ml syringe.

Done.

It's easy to reduce for your taper. You could reduce 1/10 of a ml on the 1 ml syringe by the number marks, or you could drop 1/100 by reducing tiny lines between the numbered marks on the 1 ml syringe (one line = 2/100 ml). You can go as fast or as slow as you want. You can adjust based on your symptoms.

That sounds simple enough. When you say pull .3ml from the 1ml syringe.. do you mean .7ml? Since it’s 3.7. I’m thinking my math may be correct. But drawing 3 would be 3.3ml correct? Which is 1:1 ratio it would be .33mg technically ? I may be missing something

Perfect. I will figure out a taper plan and ask in advanced once I get it ready. Just bought a 50ml vial with a cap and stuff. So I can start making 10 day mixes. I appreciate the help !

The vial will be handy. I just use a measuring cup, unless I am out of the house when I use an insulated travel cup.

I've found DLMT to be much kinder. I had a bad go of it for a while before shifting to liquid.

I wish you the very best. It's so great to see someone successfully get off these pills!

You only need the 10 ml syringe you have and a 1 ml.

The mixture is 1:2:8. You mix 1 mg benzo to 2 ml vodka. Benzo dissolves. You may need to stir with K to speed it along. Add 8 ml water. Master mix is done. That covers you for two days at .37 benzo per day.

Multiple by 5 on the recipe for 10 days = 5 mg of pills, 10 ml vodka, 40 ml water (just draw four times with 10 ml syringe).

For math, ignore the pill mg weight. It is negligible. So, you have 10 ml per 1 mg pill which makes the math super easy (just a decimal point).

Now you have your master mix. You draw from it no matter the amount you take.

At .37 mg benzo, you draw 3.7 ml master mix. Pull 3 ml with the 10 ml syringe and .3 from the 1 ml syringe.

Done.

It's easy to reduce for your taper. You could reduce 1/10 of a ml on the 1 ml syringe by the number marks, or you could drop 1/100 by reducing tiny lines between the numbered marks on the 1 ml syringe (one line = 2/100 ml). You can go as fast or as slow as you want. You can adjust based on your symptoms.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HI Lilyann,

I just asked a similar question on another thread.  I should have read this one first. When you are out an about and use your insulated travel cups to carry your doses how do you measure them out so  you know you are taking your 1/2 or 1/4 cup or whatever your dose may be?

Thank you!

I stay close home, so I time it so that I only need to take one dose away from home. If I need to be away longer, I'll just take a small measuring cup and measure out my dose in the car - from the travel cup (with one day mixed up with water to equal one cup total in the travel cup). If I take a trip, I'll take my master mix in a little tupperware container that has a lid), my 1 ml syringe since I'm down to less than 2 ml per day, and again the measuring cup.

So I’ve been dropping .01mg every 2 days. Trying to make it even with dry scales. I am switching to liquid taper tomorrow . I want to begin Monday . dropping 1% every day to see how my first week goes. I have not felt any w/d symptoms and have been fully functioning, driving, active. I would like to start dosing .365

Monday: .36ml (3.6ml on the 10 ml syringe)

Tuesday: .356ml (3.5ml on the 10 ml syringe, .6  on 1ml syringe)

Wednesday: .352ml ( 3.5 ml on 10 ml syringe, .2 on the 1ml syringe)

Thursday: .348 (3.4 ml on 10 ml syringe, .8 on the 1 ml syringe )

Friday: .344

Saturday: .341

Sunday: .337 ( 3.3ml on 10ml syringe, .7ml on the 1ml syringe)

I will mix 1mg of klonopin with 2ml alcohol and 8ml of water.

I believe this will only last 2 days but want to try the method before throwing in 5 pills. From what I’ve read from other posts 5mg klonopin will be 10ml alcohol and 40ml water)

Confirming this all sounds correct. Doing it from my head to see if I remembered correctly without loooking above. I will be doing this taper first and will evaluate if I can go higher rate or if needed to slow. My length of use I’m hoping is in my favor but I know that’s not always the case.

So I’ve been dropping .01mg every 2 days. Trying to make it even with dry scales. I am switching to liquid taper tomorrow . I want to begin Monday . dropping 1% every day to see how my first week goes. I have not felt any w/d symptoms and have been fully functioning, driving, active. I would like to start dosing .36.

Monday: .36ml (3.6ml on the 10 ml syringe)

Tuesday: .356ml (3.5ml on the 10 ml syringe, .6  on 1ml syringe)

Wednesday: .352ml ( 3.5 ml on 10 ml syringe, .2 on the 1ml syringe)

Thursday: .348 (3.4 ml on 10 ml syringe, .8 on the 1 ml syringe )

Friday: .344

Saturday: .341

Sunday: .337 ( 3.3ml on 10ml syringe, .7ml on the 1ml syringe)

I will mix 1mg of klonopin with 2ml alcohol and 8ml of water.

I believe this will only last 2 days but want to try the method before throwing in 5 pills. From what I’ve read from other posts 5mg klonopin will be 10ml alcohol and 40ml water)

Confirming this all sounds correct. Doing it from my head to see if I remembered correctly without loooking above. I will be doing this taper first and will evaluate if I can go higher rate or if needed to slow. My length of use I’m hoping is in my favor but I know that’s not always the case.

Yes, all correct.

Really wish I could rename the topic since I come here to ask about doses a lot . Kind of what I want to use benzo buddies for, and some communication with others, rather than reading horror stories.

I know people take doses periodically through the day. I have been sticking to 1 dose at 7:00 am. I woke up later today at 8:30. Was going to dose around 9. Having stable levels of blood in your system is most effective I’m sure, but curious if the hours apart like this are something to worry about? Last night I was a little down, but able to shake out of it. The sleep was okay. Woke up a tad more than usual , but this morning I haven’t had the normal anxiety as I usually do during the day . Curious if taking doses 2 hours later periodically has been a setback for others?

I need to continue my taper, hopefully as I get lower effects will be better because it seems the klonopin, while does help with my anxiety has given me some psychological dependency and I actually worry MORE during the time I’m on it the last few days rather than the hour or so before I even dose lol

Edit: Also realized as well the way I was drawing was causing far more bubbles than when someone recommended doing at an angle. Even with my tip completely submerged. Wonder how much the doses we effected. The bubble would be about 4x as large as it is with my current draw. Hopefully this new method of drawing helps. The bubble went to almost .2-.4ml on the 10ml syringe sometimes!! Probably not best for accurate doses.

Continued from the top post . My solution is equivalent to what again? 1ml = .10mg? I got confused ,  the 3.5ml = .35mg. Math checks out . Adding the .8 of the 1ml would be .358 which definitely makes 35.8.. but was having a hard time how .8 is equal to .008. I am probably over thinking it

You math all looks good, but you've moved the decimal too far here: .358  and 35.8. It should be 3.58 ml when you measure your dose out of the master mix of 35.8 total ml.

When you draw, you get 3 and .5 ml in the 10 ml syringe and then shift to the 1 ml syringe where you get .08 or 8/100s of a ml. That is 3.58 ml rather than .358.

I think you are measuring accurately. It's just the decimal that is off in the post.

I drew .8 from my 1ml syringe. So is that to much then? Should it have been .08.. like at the bottom  before I even hit .1 ml mark ? I’m doing as followed above so I think it was correct. Thanks for the clarification . I have had it down well but started over thinking I believe

Yes Wow. I think you may be overthinking. The 1 ml syringe is like one little space on the 10 ml. It's way skinnier. You do all the way up to the 8 which is 8/10s of a ml. The little lines on the 1 ml syringe are the 100s.

Your draw for 3.58 would look like this in numbers.

The 3 is the 3 on the 10 ml syringe.

The 5 is half way between the 3 and 4 on the 10 ml syringe.

That = 3.5

The tiny portion is the 8/100 where you shift to the 1 ml syringe which is like one ml on the 10 ml syringe but divided into 50 lines = 2 ml each.

So, you draw 8 on the 1 ml syringe.

You can go slower still by tapering by the 100s on the 1 ml syringe. That's what I do. My numbers on the syringe are after I switch to mg or the actual amount of the medication.

I'm at .187 today. So, I measure 1 ml on a 10 ml syringe plus 8 on the 1 ml syringe and then a little over half way to get 7/100s. My ml for the day is 1.87 ml. Dosage of Xanax is .187 mg.

I think you're doing to same master mix and the same basic reduction but in the 10s rather than 100s. Tell me if I'm not reading your post correctly.

Yes what you said is correct. I am doing 3.5 on the 10 and .8 on the 1ml syringe. Tomorrow I’m gonna drop another .03 (3.55) I think so I will be 3.5 on the 10ml syringe and and .5 on the 1ml syringe.

Thanks for clarifying  :)

Do you think my dose at 930 instead of 7 will be a big factor? I actually didn’t even feel I needed it this morning but obviously that’s not the case. I’m able to sleep in longer so feel it may be closer to this on weekends then my standard 7am dose during the week

The trick is to be sure whether you're talking ml or mg and the same when talking to other members here. The daily measures are ml. You just move the decimal one space (if mixture is based on 10) for mg per day.

As far as the time, it does not mess me up to vary it. There is no way I'd get up just to dose Xanax. I'm usually awake between 5 and 7am and take it. Today I woke up at 4am and don't want to get that early of a time locked in. I read and fell back to sleep. I took my dose at 9 am today.

My usual dosing would be 7 and 11 morning and night. The mornings are really 5 to 7. Then I aim for noon. My last dose is right before I try to go to bed, so it's been 10:30 for a couple of weeks, trying to get a more people friendly sleeping schedule. I was 7 and 11 for a bit but have shifted some. I was also at twice a day for a period of time. I adjust the times based on what seems to be working.

So, for me, some variance on times does not make any big difference. I've stuck with 4 doses with fast acting Xanax, but those times have moved around with no problems seemingly related to that.

The trick is to be sure whether you're talking ml or mg and the same when talking to other members here. The daily measures are ml. You just move the decimal one space (if mixture is based on 10) for mg per day.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks both of you. Caught on pretty quick but was messing with the second syringe for the lower dose and was doing a middle measurement on the 10ml syringe so wanted to confirm