The daily micro taper Worked

[po...]

Hey Greek...we share a lot of commonalities!  Its so hard to figure out what the heck is going on with withdrawal along with trying to resolve the life issues that brought us to Benzos in the first place!!  Its like trying to figure out one of the old rubics cube with your eyes closed.  Two things I am doing right now which seem to be helping are slowing down on the taper based on sx and messing with my diet.  I am having some decent success with changing up my diet and if you do some research on the Keto or Carnivore diets there is some interesting info out there...not saying that is the answer for you but in my case I now know that diet has been a contributing factor to my anxiety and depression for many years before the perfect storm finally kicked me into the abyss and I resorted to Klonopin for survival.

Take a look at some of Dr Paul Saladino's pod casts from YouTube for carnivore related info as well as Dr Steven Gundry for introducing a Lectin free diet.  Again not telling you to do anything different as we each need to make our own decisions, however, its worth becoming education on how diet can control inflammation within the body which directly impacts how our brains function. The more I learn on the diet topic and experiment on myself the more I am convinced that in my situation its a major contributing factor with my mental health.

For years and years I would feel like crap even though I lived a very healthy lifestyle and thought I was on a healthy diet...turns out glutens were basically killing me as well as refined sugars, fruit sugars, starches and some high lectin veggies...go figure but as I remove these items from my diet my physical health is improving as well as my mental health.  Also doing a blood screen this week to see if anything else shows as a potential allergy issue with standard foods we eat.

So hang in there brother...just got to find the right pieces of the puzzle and click them together...hard as hell but we can do it!!  Never stop looking for the answer.. I am telling you its there!!

MW

I did a food sensitivities test test and everything came out normal. I changed my diet anyways staying away from sugar, carbs, etc. maybe it is helping me from becoming worse. I ate fries with gravy last week after a long time and really felt it in my gut. The next day I woke up depressed. However, the benzo roller coaster is so unpredictable that maybe I was going through a wave. I do have some autoimmune stuff going on though. Psoriasis, gingivitis, idiopathic fatty liver so that’s why I tend to think that there’s some sort of physiological thing going on. The other theory is that I’m just stuck in fight or flight mode. But to be stuck so long after a few anxiety attacks? I was stuck in a terror state for years. Other people suffer true trauma and may not have gotten the symptoms I got for so long with no relief. I used to hold my head in terror as I felt like  my brain was turning off. I slept with a light on for years because I lost the light in my mind and needed an external source to comfort me. It all sounds crazy but it’s true.

Pooky75- I just saw this success story. Congratulations girl!!  Thanks for posting your story too and hopefully others will learn how to get off these drugs. Thank you so much for helping me get started on the daily microtaper. I agree with Pooky75- the daily microtaper really is the way to go and my sxs have also lessened as I’ve tapered down. Not sx-free but I’ve remai functional and feel much better now than a yr ago or even 6 mo ago. I have a couple more wks in my taper until I hit zero. I have been tapering for 3 yrs and 4 months. It is insanely long but for me, it was the only way off. I’ve maintained a part time job throughout and I have 2 young kids as well. Pooky75- it’s amazing that you already feel that w/d was a bad dream. Great news!!  I wish all the best for you and your family!

Congrats! So inspirational

I’m down to 2.5mg today. It’s been 5 years of hell

I agree, it’s been much better tapering slowly.

What I wanted to ask those who got better as they got lower, at what dose did things REALLY improve for you? I’ve read a lot about ppl saying at 2.5mg things got so much better.

Did you find that to be about accurate? When did the fog go away? That’s my biggest symptom and the one I hate the most. Fog, fatigue and tinnitus are my 3 constants. They come and go in strength but they’re always there. Can’t wait for the day they’re gone

The end is scary. Because it’s the unknown. Any words would be appreciated. And congrats again!  You’re a warrior.

Cmz- there’s no specific dose when things get better. It gets better when it gets better- and it will eventually. Hang in there- keep going- and you will reach better and then you’ll reach healed!

Libr

:smitten: You're almost there! YAY

CMZ

I agree with Libr...it seems to be different for everyone.  For me the brain fog hung on for dear life until the end.  It lifted pretty quickly after I finished but it still comes back sometimes.  My only 2 remaining symptoms are brain fog and tinnitus but both come and go where as before I finished the taper they were constant so I feel they will go eventually.  The fatigue left in a dramatic sudden way a few weeks after finishing my taper.  Just keep going slow and you will make it.  If you start to feel an increase in symptoms consider slowing down even more. :) The goal is to reach the end with minimal symptoms.

• 1 month later...
Also I would like my name blocked out of the post above.  I’m sure it was an innocent mistake.  So if possible delete the name without deleting the post.  Thanks

Also I would like my name blocked out of the post above.  I’m sure it was an innocent mistake.  So if possible delete the name without deleting the post.  Thanks

Done!

pianogirl  :smitten: