Stay strong warriors!

[Ho...]

After such a long time of feeling / being unhealthy it becomes a way of living. Benzo withdrawal is part of my identity and changed me in so many ways as a person.

I am happy with a 70% feeling now, appreciate the good moments and live so much more. Don’t stress about details and looking at the big picture. Carpe diem guys, our lifes are temporarily on hold, but that does not mean we can go back to the normal world.

My journey is 28 months now, well that’s a very long road. I don’t want to scare you, but during those 28 months it has not been non-stop torture. I believe in a miracle and in the power of our brains to heal.

Life is something you can’t predict. The biggest lesson of my life. Listen to your heart and solve problems naturally in stead of taking pills. We are just the unlucky people to go through this.

Stay strong warriors :thumbsup:

Yer right, I could never have thought this journey would be so long but it is clearing.

Stay clean, stay strong. The glacier keeps moving.

So happy for you!

Reading your signature, I see your symptoms are/were very similar to mine...

Thank you for giving me some badly needed hope this morning! 'Listen to your heart and solve problems naturally...' Just love that.

Wishing you continued deep healing and a joyful new life.

HopeHope,

Honestly, if it weren't for posters like you, I would've done myself in arleady. You make it sound so easy, and there were times when I thought so too. I don't know what it happened that I started feeling powerless when before I felt I could battle (to use your warrior mehaptor) pretty much anything life could throw at me.

But enough about me, congrats on adapting to this "lifestyle" (haha  ;), and wish you all the success in the journey ahead. I'm confident you'll heal and begin a new life full even more positive experiences to share.

Best wishes in your recovery,

BenzoMutant

So happy for you!

Reading your signature, I see your symptoms are/were very similar to mine...

Thank you for giving me some badly needed hope this morning! 'Listen to your heart and solve problems naturally...' Just love that.

Wishing you continued deep healing and a joyful new life.

If you are in the depth of hell those messages are life saving. After a very bad episode there will be improvement, believe me! I keep telling myselve this! Better days will come, for sure!  :thumbsup:

HopeHope,

Honestly, if it weren't for posters like you, I would've done myself in arleady. You make it sound so easy, and there were times when I thought so too. I don't know what it happened that I started feeling powerless when before I felt I could battle (to use your warrior mehaptor) pretty much anything life could throw at me.

But enough about me, congrats on adapting to this "lifestyle" (haha  ;), and wish you all the success in the journey ahead. I'm confident you'll heal and begin a new life full even more positive experiences to share.

Best wishes in your recovery,

BenzoMutant

It is so normal to feel desperate, hopeless and emotional down. Don’t try fight the waves, let them come and go. This is very difficult I understand, but we have no other choice. Don’t give up, believe in the power of our smart bodies. You will survive, no matter what. Tonight I go on a date, am I feeling great. Well definitely not, but distraction is always the key. Today I played on the PlayStation with my best friend. It was not fantastic, but I had a great day. That’s the way of thinking. Pm if you will.

After such a long time of feeling / being unhealthy it becomes a way of living. Benzo withdrawal is part of my identity and changed me in so many ways as a person.

I am happy with a 70% feeling now, appreciate the good moments and live so much more. Don’t stress about details and looking at the big picture. Carpe diem guys, our lifes are temporarily on hold, but that does not mean we can go back to the normal world.

My journey is 28 months now, well that’s a very long road. I don’t want to scare you, but during those 28 months it has not been non-stop torture. I believe in a miracle and in the power of our brains to heal.

Well said and couldn’t agree more.

Life is something you can’t predict. The biggest lesson of my life. Listen to your heart and solve problems naturally in stead of taking pills. We are just the unlucky people to go through this.

Stay strong warriors :thumbsup:

Congratulations Hopehope !

I'm so happy for you that you feel some relief ! Finally !

I know...1 year...2 years...3 years...it looks like an eternity, especially when we are in this complete hell. But we heal, that's an undeniable fact.

If we compare us to people suffering whith chronic disease, during many years, maybe until the death, that makes a huge difference !

So what can we do instead of foolishly suffering ?

Fight of course !

Fight gives meaning to this aberration, you feel stronger, proud of you. 

And you become a better person...

like no other hardships did in the past.

Hope you will recovery soon, take care and bite the bullet !

I am one year benzos free now. I think I am about 80% recovered, healed a lot. See my posts. I reduced cymbalta  gradually from 90 to 30 mg. The 30 is not even a therapeutic dose, but I am holding on to it for now because I am afraid to "rock the boat" by shocking my body with another change. Hopefully this fall I will get off of that as well.