Can you help me figure out if my insomnia benzo or lexapro related?

[va...]

Hello everyone. I'm here with a new question. I finished my lexapro taper around 3 months ago or a little less, and I'm tapering diazepam, down to 1.50 and going through a horrid wave.

Well, I want to ask about the insomnia to anyone who's had this kind of sleeplessness. The second I fall asleep (very seldom) I am woken up by an overwhelming negative electrical sensation that is a mixture of fear and sadness. I was thinking it was the benzo wave but now I'm thinking it could be protracted wds from the lexapro, and if so, I think I'm really into something more complicated. Those of you who have benzo insomnia. Is that how it feels? I'm gessing not and it might be the lex. Thanks for reading

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I'm here with a new question. I finished my lexapro taper around 3 months ago or a little less, and I'm tapering diazepam, down to 1.50 and going through a horrid wave.

Well, I want to ask about the insomnia to anyone who's had this kind of sleeplessness. The second I fall asleep (very seldom) I am woken up by an overwhelming negative electrical sensation that is a mixture of fear and sadness. I was thinking it was the benzo wave but now I'm thinking it could be protracted wds from the lexapro, and if so, I think I'm really into something more complicated. Those of you who have benzo insomnia. Is that how it feels? I'm gessing not and it might be the lex. Thanks for reading

It could be the SSRI WD. Stopping the SSRI before the BZD wasn't a good idea for me. But I never really tolerated Lexapro. I only tolerate Prozac and the sxs are hard to bear. Cannot sleep either at present. Difficult to function like this.

It could be the SSRI WD. Stopping the SSRI before the BZD wasn't a good idea for me. But I never really tolerated Lexapro. I only tolerate Prozac and the sxs are hard to bear. Cannot sleep either at present. Difficult to function like this.

Estee, I'm glad you're at least off the benzos already. I hope your sleep improves soon.