Scottish Psychiatrist speaks out about his ordeal with Seroxat

[lo...]

Thanks Fiona, what a ordeal he has gone through, and kudos to him for wanting to help, sad that he has a long road ahead, as we well know. But he has the guts to stand up, and I see that he is battling a lonely fight, hopefully he will get off and he will be heard by his Profession. 💖Peace and Healing :smitten:

Thanks Fiona, what a ordeal he has gone through, and kudos to him for wanting to help, sad that he has a long road ahead, as we well know. But he has the guts to stand up, and I see that he is battling a lonely fight, hopefully he will get off and he will be heard by his Profession. 💖Peace and Healing :smitten:

Yes he has had a terrible ordeal, I am now wondering whether I should have posted it as it is rather upsetting.  Have alerted the moderators in case they want to remove it.

Yes he has had a terrible ordeal, I am now wondering whether I should have posted it as it is rather upsetting.  Have alerted the moderators in case they want to remove it.

Oh I hope they don't take it down, he is has suffered because of the medication...the same as all of us. He is also trying to help, and knows how we have felt. :smitten:

Thank you for this, Fiona!

I wonder if the same thing happens with benzos - doctors afraid to say anything because of shaming. Look at how much this doctor has had to withstand from his colleagues regarding Paxil!!

This is a very important article. I hope it is not removed. We see that we're not the only ones suffering. Somewhere out there, there are people from all walks of life suffering because of ADs and benzos. We may meet them and think they're okay, but they're definitely not. They suffer under the radar.

But thank goodness Dr. Gordon is talking about this. He's a very brave man. 

I put a trigger warning so hopefully that is enough. 

Peter Gordon is very ethical and has put his own career on the line to do the right thing.  I think doctors find it very difficult to speak out in general.

The RCPsych International Congress is underway in the UK  and withdrawal from psychiatric drugs is one of the talks.

Thanks for sharing, Fiona

Similar to what happened to Peter Gotzsche at the COchrane Collaboration.

Seems like there's more awareness as time goes on.

Thank you to everyone who fights back against the corruption...

Hello Fiona,

Thank you for sharing this article. My heartfelt thanks to Dr. Gordon for sharing his tough ordeal. Hoping and praying he’ll be able to end this tough fight soon.

Blessings,

Pi

I think it's great that he is taking his experience with physician gaslighting, lying and abuse public. This is the reality of many patients when the supposedly efficacious treatment goes wrong. All you get is plenty of denials and very little help.

I think it's great that he is taking his experience with physician gaslighting, lying and abuse public. This is the reality of many patients when the supposedly efficacious treatment goes wrong. All you get is plenty of denials and very little help.

Yes it is and the article is being widely shared, presumably mostly in the UK. 

Thank you Fiona.

Would not wish this on anyone, but good that it's coming from a psychiatrist. 

Very brave.  Vey ethical. 

Dee

Thank you Fiona.

Would not wish this on anyone, but good that it's coming from a psychiatrist. 

Very brave.  Vey ethical. 

Dee

Like the rest of us, he found it difficult to go public in the press but so pleased that he did.  I think it is very important for psychiatrists to speak out as well as patients.  I hope it will make a difference.