As Of July 1st( Canada Day) 2019 I am 💯 Benzo free!

[Le...]

;D

Today marks the end of an extremely long 2.5 year long and at times painful taper.

But at last my day has come no more benzos as of today!!!

Overall right now I'm feeling pretty decent especially compared to when my taper began. As I got lower things seemed to get easier.

Here's hoping to a not so painful recovery.

Oh one more thing does anyone know where I can find those benzo free timeline tickers I see people post everywhere??

;D

Today marks the end of an extremely long 2.5 year long and at times painful taper.

Overall right now I'm feeling pretty decent especially compared to when my taper began. As I got lower things seemed to get easier.

Oh one more thing does anyone know where I can find those benzo free timeline tickers I see people post everywhere??

Congratulations! At what point did the taper become easier?

Congrats,

I finished my taper March 14, 2019 and I too used the titration method which I think worked great. Only way to taper!

I felt pretty good for 2 weeks or so then I had some symptoms, nothing too bad. In fact the only part that affected me was insomnia which in itself causes panic attack and depression. My key is SLEEP! If I get that I feel very well. I do think I do have some minor physical symptoms but nothing too great.

We should stay in touch!  I am only 120 days ahead of you.

Stone

J Stone, what benzo were you on, and at what dose and for how long? I was at one time on 5 mg of Klonopin, went to 0 on 5-19-19, did fine for over a month, but have had tremendous anxiety (pains and tightening in my stomach), dizziness, and tinnitus. The tinnitus I’ve has since August 2018. How long will this nightmare go on?

cuddly,

I was on 4mg clonazepam at bed. Started over 15 years ago, really dont remember. Symptoms include ear ringing, leg pain, muscle loss mostly in my legs and arms, lethargic, brain fog, blurred vision, insomnia....I used the liquid titration method which worked very well. Going down was not that bad. I am 120 days off and without the beer I am doing much better. April was a very tough month for me. Between the flu, w/d, insomnia, and minor surgery I was a wreck. Not sure how I made it..

I wear a Fitbit and sleep with it so I can see my sleep patterns. I figured out I may be waking myself up so I dug out my CPAP and started wearing it...wow, I slept great for a couple weeks and thought I was home. Not so fast, seems my brain got used to that as well. And I love my beer but finally realized that about three or four days after a few beers I have bad panic attacks..so I cut out the beer.

I slept great last night, like 8 hours. I dont get those often but you have to love them when you do.

Loneliness is a big problem as well. I lost my wife, house and daughter for the most part.  Almost lost my job too. But I now have my Remmy...a lab mix.

Hope this helps/

JStone

• 9 months later...

;D

Congratulations! At what point did the taper become easier?

Sorry for the late response not on here much these days. Once I got down to around 3mgs diazepam I definitely noticed things getting easier and easier. The worst section of the taper was between 5-6mgs diazepam.