GAPS diet?

[...]

Anyone tried the GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) diet? It is a gut microbiome focused diet that supposedly helps with anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, etc. I’m currently reading about it and am really interested in trying it.

GreenCup, it focuses on eliminating foods and then building back with broths, some fermented foods, etc. to help rebuild the gut microbiome. That’s a very brief description. I’m interested since GABA is made in the gut.

Very restricted...I went "grain free" in the beginning on the recommendation of an acupuncturist I was seeing pro-bono.  Bless her, but she wanted me to go full on GAPS and I demurely declined.

I have no clue if going grain free helped...

Now have added rolled oats (muesli in the mornings) and, for the first time in YEARS had organic basmati rice with some thai curry I made...so good!  No noticeable difference in symptoms...

Still avoid caffeine, chocolate (sob!), sugar and wheat.

It's a good thing I live alone and don't have to make meals for anyone else, cuz my diet is pretty freeking boring.  I've figured out that all my culinary skills were just a way to *snag* a man.  Not an issue anymore!!