Sleep when does it come??

[He...]

Has anyone tried anything successfully for sleep? I've tried melatonin and relaxation techniques . I can sometimes get almost 2 hours and then I wake up and then it's an all night of waking up every 1.5 hours. If I could get sleep it would do wonders.  Will this get any better?

I'm in the same boat but if I try melatonin or anything else, I end up feeling worse in the mornings. Some nights I sleep for 1-2 hours and then I'm tossing and turning all night and having weird thoughts.

I tried several safe OTC tings and none helped a bit. What DID help was my stumbling upon Sleep Hypnosis Videos on YouTube. Took mde maybe a month or two before the hypnotic suggestions embedded in them started to work, but they sure did work. I have been hypnotized before (in CBT) but that did not work. Listening to those videos DID. I had not slept for a full year except for brief micro sleeps. Those videos (you do NOT watch. You listen!) sure did help me and I was finally able to go to sleep naturally, after thirty years of nightly benzos.

Don't laugh this stuff off. It can and does work, as long as you let it.

east

I try melatonin Benadryl and trazadone sleep pretty good get up in the middle of the night can make it to the bathroom being in bed is the only time I'm not dizzy

I have tried melatonin and it does help some. I totally think sleep videos,  meditation can help. 

I tried several safe OTC tings and none helped a bit. What DID help was my stumbling upon Sleep Hypnosis Videos on YouTube. Took mde maybe a month or two before the hypnotic suggestions embedded in them started to work, but they sure did work. I have been hypnotized before (in CBT) but that did not work. Listening to those videos DID. I had not slept for a full year except for brief micro sleeps. Those videos (you do NOT watch. You listen!) sure did help me and I was finally able to go to sleep naturally, after thirty years of nightly benzos.

east

Wow, you went for a whole year without sleep?! How, did get through that? I stupidly went back on Klonopin for a little while and was forced to quit cold turkey. I have only slept once in 20 days and it is really starting to wear me down.

east

Eastcoast62 my insomnia is still hanging on almost two years off of clonazepam. I'm now a month and a half off of estradiol and still sleep does not come.  I would like the link to the sleep hypnosis sounds. Last year I did listen to some sleep tapes, but did not ever go to sleep and felt rather "discombobble" while listening to them, so stopped. You said it took a month or two before the hypnotic suggestions embedded and started to work. How did you feel each time you listened before sleep finally came to you? Do you listen every night and if so for how long? How long to you typically sleep? I apologize for all of the questions. I am so tired of constant insomnia and wonder when the dust settles, what will be left of my brain.

east

Eastcoast62 my insomnia is still hanging on almost two years off of clonazepam. I'm now a month and a half off of estradiol and still sleep does not come.  I would like the link to the sleep hypnosis sounds. Last year I did listen to some sleep tapes, but did not ever go to sleep and felt rather "discombobble" while listening to them, so stopped. You said it took a month or two before the hypnotic suggestions embedded and started to work. How did you feel each time you listened before sleep finally came to you? Do you listen every night and if so for how long? How long to you typically sleep? I apologize for all of the questions. I am so tired of constant insomnia and wonder when the dust settles, what will be left of my brain.

You asked for a link to sleep hypnosis. I've put one below. I would just to go Youtube and enter "sleep hypnosis" or "sleep meditation guided" and there are LOTS of options. I'd listen until I found a voice/accent/version I liked. What we find relaxing is very individual.

Another option I used when things were especially bad is a "boot camp" of sorts to calm down my nervous system. I'd meditate or listen to a meditation/relaxation video/audio twice per day. Once in the morning when I got up agitated, disappointed and hostile and then sometime after 10. I like this guy's meditations and I'd cycle through different ones. If you don't like Ronald Siegal's voice there's a link to a woman's page: https://www.mindfulness-solution.com/