Wld Apprecite other womens experience on tolerance to progesterone pls?

[61...]

[61...]

Hi

I take 200mg micronised progesterone daily and am addicted to valium.

I have heard that women who have had dependencies on valium also become tolerant to progesterone as well, and suffer the same symptoms as someone on a dose of valium that no longer works for them, and need to up their valium dose.

I've read a lot about progesterone in this forum but its just bamboozled me and scared stiff re HPA axis threads etc.

I would love to hear from women who are, or were, on progesterone and are still on valium, or have come off it and their experiences regarding progesterone tolerance.

I would love to hear from as  many women as possible because I am now worried that I have an extra problem, once I come off the valium, or maybe even if still on it (32mg a day) I will become tolerant to progesterone and experience withdrawal like symptoms relating to the progesterone as its cross tolerant to valium.

So, if any woman as per above would like to post on this thread, I would like to hear from as many as possible regarding your experirences when either trying to come off progesterone or experiencing tolerance symptoms to it while still on it.

Thanks in anticipation.

[61...]

Hello

Sorry to bump, I know many women are suffering but I am really anxious to hear about people's experiences to tolerance to progesterone after or during tapering benzos, as I am on capsules which cannot be tapered as I am in the UK, taking 200mg.

Thanks in appreciation.

[61...]
Would really appreciate some personal experiences and help on above first post, sorry to keep bumping, and also sorry not been helping others, have had massive property and medical problems and been really overwhelmed. thanks

[61...]

I've had abnormal bleeding in june, passed a huge red clot, sorry for too much info.

I was bleeding really heavily despite taking 100mg oral micronized prog and 100 vaginal, it vanished after i took an extra vaginal prog after urinating the first one out in late june, but it has returned.

It is now pink discharge, dark brown as well.

I would dearly love to hear from soemone, Ive scoured these boards and the info scares me to death, especialy as the women suffering are on much less prog than me.

Hi Journey2,

I had a total hysterectomy back in 1997 which led to me ending up on klonopin. The hysterectomy was totally unneeded as I just had an ovarian cyst. It was deemed emergent as they thought I had cancer. Big lie. Fast forward, 8 months later, I had a horrific reaction to the patch, which landed me in the hospital. It made me so sick and revved up my CNS. I had no clue in the beginning. I was mismanaged hormonally after the surgery with not enough Estradiol. I took the patch off in the hospital and told the Dr. who didn't believe me. The GI team knew there was something very wrong as everything went through me and I had rapid weight loss. In the meantime, the idiot attending who was a geriatric Dr. called in Psych and they told me that I had separation anxiety from losing my uterus 8 months prior! I told them they were crazy. They put me on K to calm my CNS down. It was confirmed finally that it was the patch and I was discharged with an apology and the klonopin.

Fast forward to 2013 and I was seeing a great GYN who specialized in hormones. We were tweaking my bioidentical Estradiol and we decided to add in Progesterone. At first I felt good, but after about a month I was very moody, losing hair, memory loss etc. I found out that it produces a metabolite, allopregnanalone, which is as potent as a benzo like Klonopin. I had to taper off of it and it was miserable. I was still on the klonopin. I did not need anyway, as I had no uterus. Some women do well with and others not so good. I am on Hystersisters forum and there are women who had the same experience. I sure hope this helps. If and when you get off, you will certainly need to do a slow taper.   

[61...]

Hi Journey2,

I had a total hysterectomy back in 1997 which led to me ending up on klonopin. The hysterectomy was totally unneeded as I just had an ovarian cyst. It was deemed emergent as they thought I had cancer. Big lie. Fast forward, 8 months later, I had a horrific reaction to the patch, which landed me in the hospital. It made me so sick and revved up my CNS. I had no clue in the beginning. I was mismanaged hormonally after the surgery with not enough Estradiol. I took the patch off in the hospital and told the Dr. who didn't believe me. The GI team knew there was something very wrong as everything went through me and I had rapid weight loss. In the meantime, the idiot attending who was a geriatric Dr. called in Psych and they told me that I had separation anxiety from losing my uterus 8 months prior! I told them they were crazy. They put me on K to calm my CNS down. It was confirmed finally that it was the patch and I was discharged with an apology and the klonopin.

Fast forward to 2013 and I was seeing a great GYN who specialized in hormones. We were tweaking my bioidentical Estradiol and we decided to add in Progesterone. At first I felt good, but after about a month I was very moody, losing hair, memory loss etc. I found out that it produces a metabolite, allopregnanalone, which is as potent as a benzo like Klonopin. I had to taper off of it and it was miserable. I was still on the klonopin. I did not need anyway, as I had no uterus. Some women do well with and others not so good. I am on Hystersisters forum and there are women who had the same experience. I sure hope this helps. If and when you get off, you will certainly need to do a slow taper. 

hi Dana

I really appreciate your post.

I am from the UK and on micronized progesterone capsules. We don't have prog cream here so I cannot taper off it, cream is not licenced in the UK.

Would you mind giving me more info about your taper off progesterone please?

How much were you on?

Do you mind elaborating on the symptoms you experienced when coming off the progesterone?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Journey,

I was on 200mg of sublingual tab. I then went to a troche which you put in between the gum and cheek. I believe I had the Dr. lower it by 50mg a month?

My symptoms were anxiety, jumpy, nausea and a feeling of unease. Like mild Benzo withdrawal.

You might want to check out Hystersister's forum as they have a lot of women who have gone through this. It is a great site.

My symptoms lasted for about 5 months. Who would have dreamed that this hormone would do this?

• 5 weeks later...
[61...]

Journey,

I was on 200mg of sublingual tab. I then went to a troche which you put in between the gum and cheek. I believe I had the Dr. lower it by 50mg a month?

My symptoms were anxiety, jumpy, nausea and a feeling of unease. Like mild Benzo withdrawal.

You might want to check out Hystersister's forum as they have a lot of women who have gone through this. It is a great site.

My symptoms lasted for about 5 months. Who would have dreamed that this hormone would do this?

Hi Dana

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your post. I have loads of other worries like property problems etc, and forgot.

I am sorry you had such a bad reaction and ordeal.

I have not had a hysterectomy.

I cannot taper my progesterone as I am on capsules which are un-taperable.

I hope you don't mind me asking you a few questions. You can pm me if you like, for privacy.

1)I see from your sig line you were on 1.75mg klon in May 19, what dose are you on now?

2)In total, how long were you on the 200mg progesterone tablet?

3)How long were you on the sublingual troche?

4)How many mgs was the sublingual troche.

Many thanks.