Author Topic: It's time... completely healed  (Read 3381 times)

[Buddie]

Re: It's time... completely healed
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 11:40:05 am »
It's time for me to write my success story.  I could have written it a few years ago but just wanted to be absolutely sure. Also, once you're healed you forget about the horror of benzo withdrawal.

My story began over 20 years ago when I was prescribed klonopin for sleep. Over the years I built up a tolerance to the drug where I was taking 8mgs at night to get to sleep.  My prescribing doctor retired and I found it impossible to find anyone else who would prescribe that amount............. that's when all hell broke loose!  I had no idea about tapering off this drug, so I figured I would go to a rehab and let the "professionals "  get me off klonopin safely.  They gave me an eight day taper.  After the  8 day taper it was like someone through me into hell

I went home and ended up on the floor of my small bedroom for eight months. I was completely  incapacitated. The pain and horror I endured are difficult to describe with words.  I had all the symptoms. My skin burned like it was on fire, i couldnt sleep , i felt this all consuming fear 24/7 , horrible intrusive thoughts,  circular thoughts,  otherworldly panic and anxiety and many others. I knew I wasn't going to make it much longer if I didn't get help. Fortunately I found a doc who was willing to put me back on 2 mg so I could taper from there.  I tapered off that amount over 2 years.

Things got better after I reinstated,  but i still had symptoms and after each cut i would have more symptoms but it was never as bad as that cold turkey i went through.  It was a long process , sometimes very painful but I made it. Sometimes I thought the pain would never end that the tapering process woudnt work . It took forever.  But i came out the other side.

I was a Really bad case and if I could get through it to complete healing you can too!!!.  You will!!!   Today I work , go on vacations,  exercise ,  eat what i want,  sleep like a baby at night and am back to normal.  If i can do it so can you.   Just keep believing,  healing will happen.   It may take a while but it will happen.

God bless ,
[...]

Inspirational. Well done
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 08:07:24 pm »
[...],

How long did it take you to heal and get your sleep back?  What helped?  Thank you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 10:00:09 pm »
Took about a year to heal to where I was completely functional  .  Took a couple of years to get my sleep back to normal

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 05:53:27 am »
Congrats [...].....well done.

I was 8 months off after a brutal detox when I joined BB in 2013. Wish I had more knowledge then and reinstated like you , PG and Megan  , started a sensible taper ...

Thanks for sharing.....this should be an eyeopener for cold turkey victims. ( long term users ).

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 07:51:18 pm »
Ya, reinstatement saved my life.  I remember people on here advising me not to reinstate..  glad I didn't listen or I wouldn't be writing this.  Long term users should never cold turkey and if they do and are having severe symptoms they should reinstate and come off SLOWLY.  Least painful way to go

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 02:10:09 am »
Al,  I thought my stuff was bad until I read all your old posts.   A freakin'mazing.....    Thank you !   

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 04:42:29 am »
Ya, reinstatement saved my life.  I remember people on here advising me not to reinstate..  glad I didn't listen or I wouldn't be writing this.  Long term users should never cold turkey and if they do and are having severe symptoms they should reinstate and come off SLOWLY.  Least painful way to go

Fully agree with you. Too little too late for many of us... >:(

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 08:14:50 am »
Wow ! I read some of your old posts , truly incredible story.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 07:06:54 pm »
thank you for sharing, wish you the best in your life, a lot of love sent.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 09:18:51 pm »
Thank you [...]!!!