8 months into a setback

[To...]

I’m on my 8th month into my setback after being healed for over 3 years,it’s been very hard to accept this wd all over again,the anxiety is 24/7 constant...does anyone else have the crippleing anxiety that’s so bad that walking to the kitchen is extremely difficult? Prior in my first withdraw the chemical anxiety went away but this feels like a eternity when your back in withdraw a second time around.

What helps everyone’s chemical anxiety?

Hi Tommy,

I'm really sorry that you had to go through it again. It's debilitating, humiliating and crushing to feel so powerless. Could you give us more details? What benzodiazepine drug did you use? How often and how many times during the day? From what dosage did you stop taking it and how did you stop taking it? By gradually tapering the dosage or by quitting cold turkey? The latter may cause such strong symptoms months after stopping.

If you want to be a regular member of the community, it would help if you completed your signature in your profile. It should be like you medical history of benzos. To do this, go to Profile > Forum Profile > Signature (and type your benzo usage in there)

Anxiety is one of THE worst symptoms and one of the most common, so pretty much everyone here has experienced it to some degree. Exercise and a balanced diet can help :)

Keep us posted!  :thumbsup:

Tommy65, I am so sorry to hear you are still in a setback after all this time. Other than the chemical anxiety, has the other symptoms gotten better. Know that this will get better also in time. I do not have any advice for chemical anxiety but try to stay away from stressful situations and people as much as possible. Sending you hugs, prayers and healing thoughts!

PG

Benzomutant Benzomutant I was on 6 mgs Xanax daily,and for 4 years and I tapered off slowly with Valium crossover and I was healed for over 3 years...then I had a very very stressful event happen a death.

And it caused me panic attacks for the first time in years and it re-sensitized my entire nervous system once again, I have extreme Derealisation which went away after my first withdraw.

And 24/7 chemical anxiety I can’t even handle a shower my nervous system cannot handle it.

Extreme sound and light sensitivity,electric in my brain and threw my body almost 24/7...

I can’t believe this can come back like this....

• 3 weeks later...

Benzomutant Benzomutant I was on 6 mgs Xanax daily,and for 4 years and I tapered off slowly with Valium crossover and I was healed for over 3 years...then I had a very very stressful event happen a death.

And it caused me panic attacks for the first time in years and it re-sensitized my entire nervous system once again, I have extreme Derealisation which went away after my first withdraw.

And 24/7 chemical anxiety I can’t even handle a shower my nervous system cannot handle it.

Extreme sound and light sensitivity,electric in my brain and threw my body almost 24/7...

I can’t believe this can come back like this....

I'm not sure what a chemical set back is.

I've been good also for the last 4 years, but I have been taking .25mg of xanax for the last 6 years once a day that I used at night, but I don't

think it did anything.

About 20 days ago I had a extreme panic attack also and have had the same thing that is happening to you, anxiety all day but I will have a few

good hours at night, I am now taking more xanax now to help.

And you are correct, even taking a shower is a problem, I get panicky doing it, sounds and bright lights set me off also.

It down right sucks, I thought I had it under control, I have had a few panic attacks and some anxiety within those 4 years but I brushed it

right off, this time its been down right brutal, I can't sit down for long, my thoughts are all over the place, I even looked into some kind of treatment

center today, about the farthest I have went from my house is around 5 miles.

4 weeks ago I was out fishing off my boat, now I can't even make myself food and I've lost 6lbs, I eat yogurts and whatever I can just grab and

eat without cooking.

Its sucks because I have so many things that I want to go do....

I hope you and me get better fast.