5 months off after 3 year taper- Doing better and trending up

[li...]

Just a quick 5 month update. I have done more activity this week than I did all last year. I can finally exercise without feeling more tired.

Occasionally I get bouts of fatigue, depression and anxiety but those are shorter and shorter. I also feel like my nervous system is stronger.

My symptoms during my taper were severe. I was bedridden for all of 2018. Its still challenging to get back to living life after this period of illness but I am taking it one day at a time.

Grateful to be feeling so much better.

this is all a process and remember we all heal! I believe this with 100 percent of my core. There were so many days I thought I was dying and would never get better. It took so long to recover. One day I started getting better and it has been trending up ever since.

I still have my bad days, but they are much less frequent. And some of the good days have been wonderful.

This week most days I was at about 90 percent.

I definitely still have windows and waves. They are getting more recognizable when they happen. Overall so much better than 5 months ago.

linnie,

I am over the moon happy for you and inspired by your posts.  Congratulations on 5 months off!  I’m sure you know how it is when you’re tapering and you just feel like it will never end.  But here you are 5 months off!  I’ve been loving your updates and so appreciate your post of encouragement for those of us still tapering and going through all the doubts.  Your benzo-free celebration post is one I’ve read over and over...  and over!  It’s wonderful to hear you’re having days you feel normal and you’re handling the waves well.  You’re on your way to complete recovery!  Thank you so much for giving us hope.  You’ve given me so much :smitten:  Look forward to reading more updates from you!

Big Love,

Uni ❤️