Increased anxiety after Valium dose...anyone experience the same?

[Mo...]

Hello everyone,

As per my signature I’m on the final crossover stage from Ativan to Valium.  It’s been 5 days and it could be psychosomatic but I seem to get increased anxiety an hour or so after dosing, instrusive thoughts and weird internal questions for stupid stuff that really gets to me.  Example; reading signs and wondering why it’s in a certain font style.  I get better as time goes on but it starts with next dose.

Also, I can’t plan anything, talk about anything that requires any type of thinking...my brain is just off.  No emotions except fear, my poor husband says that I’ve “left him” but I love him with all my heart I just can’t express love like I used to.

Does anyone else have this and will this get better once I get further along in the crossover?

Thank you in advance...I’m still in here somewhere...I can feel at least that much.

Love to you all,

MP

Hello everyone,

As per my signature I’m on the final crossover stage from Ativan to Valium.  It’s been 5 days and it could be psychosomatic but I seem to get increased anxiety an hour or so after dosing, instrusive thoughts and weird internal questions for stupid stuff that really gets to me.  Example; reading signs and wondering why it’s in a certain font style.  I get better as time goes on but it starts with next dose.

Also, I can’t plan anything, talk about anything that requires any type of thinking...my brain is just off.  No emotions except fear, my poor husband says that I’ve “left him” but I love him with all my heart I just can’t express love like I used to.

Does anyone else have this and will this get better once I get further along in the crossover?

Thank you in advance...I’m still in here somewhere...I can feel at least that much.

Love to you all,

MP

Hey MP, good to see you :).  How far are you on of the last crossover?  Do you have time to let your body adjust to the Valium a little better?  Time may help, I can't promise, but a lot of people's body adjust .  Wish you luck, Mary 🍀

Hi dollface,

Good to hear from you and thanks for responding. I’m only on 5th day of last step crossover.  It’s up and down as to be expected...staying out of the house makes it easier so at least I’m not agoraphobic.  Gotta hi light the positive.  Not much physical stuff so again, grateful for this.

Going out for ice cream so will let you go here for now.  I hope you’re being as awesome as always ☀️

Cheers!

MP

Hi dollface,

Good to hear from you and thanks for responding. I’m only on 5th day of last step crossover.  It’s up and down as to be expected...staying out of the house makes it easier so at least I’m not agoraphobic.  Gotta hi light the positive.  Not much physical stuff so again, grateful for this.

Going out for ice cream so will let you go here for now.  I hope you’re being as awesome as always ☀️

Cheers!

MP

:D :D