1 year off benzos

[da...]

Hello,

Today, it’s been 1 year since my last Benzo. I took Ativan for nearly 20 years and had struggled for 5 years to stop this medication. Just over a year ago, I had to go to the ER for withdrawal symptoms and decided to detox at the hospital for a week. I didn’t believe I could do it when I started, so I can’t help feeling a great deal of pride and accomplishment today.

Thank you for letting me share.

Matt

Thanks! I feel much. better than I thought I would. Overall anxiety is doing better. I still struggle with social anxiety, so I’ll have to work on that. Depression was pretty bad about 6 months in, but it’s getting better.

Thanks! I feel much. better than I thought I would. Overall anxiety is doing better. I still struggle with social anxiety, so I’ll have to work on that. Depression was pretty bad about 6 months in, but it’s getting better.

That's great to hear.  I still struggle with social anxiety.  My depression mostly lifted around 7 months. Hope it just gets better and better for you.  Congrats again.

Hello danson51,

Congratulations for reaching your one year mark. Praying and hoping you’ll get better and better as time goes by.  Keep fighting the good fight!

Sending you lots of hugs and love for a speedy recovery.

Blessings!

Pi

Congratulations danson51!!!  You’ve reached your one year mark and you will make it to full healing and recovery  :smitten:  no doubt!  Big wishes for everything tiger better and better and soon!  What a great achievement, one that most people wouldn’t even understand.  So great that you’re feeling better than you thought you would! 

Love,

Uni ❤️

Congratulations!  ;)

I wish I had the fortunate circumstances to detox the right way before things went completely off the chart. Now my doses are nothing short of being almost dead.

I only hope you live up to your example one day. You took the reins in your own hands and bravely tackled w/d and everything. Enjoy and savour every moment of it!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
My one year point will be tomorrow! I feel much better, my body is healing. After tapering for two years, I went into psychosis at 5mg valium. I was taken by ambulance to a psych ER, and kept on a regular hospital floor for 4 days observation, no benzos, so this was like a Dr detox. I was discharged and then went to outpatient rehab for 3 months. At one year, I still have some highs and lows mentally and physically with some rebound anxiety, but I would say I am 80% recovered. It is tolerable. I never would have believed last year that I would be feeling this normal. I wish to celebrate today and tomorrow!

• 1 month later...
Thank you guys for the ray of hope! At 6 months off Ive been hit with a really bad wave, thanks for letting me know that there is still hope out there!!!