Author Topic: 1 year off benzos  (Read 1143 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 1 year off benzos
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 08:09:50 pm »
My one year point will be tomorrow! I feel much better, my body is healing. After tapering for two years, I went into psychosis at 5mg valium. I was taken by ambulance to a psych ER, and kept on a regular hospital floor for 4 days observation, no benzos, so this was like a Dr detox. I was discharged and then went to outpatient rehab for 3 months. At one year, I still have some highs and lows mentally and physically with some rebound anxiety, but I would say I am 80% recovered. It is tolerable. I never would have believed last year that I would be feeling this normal. I wish to celebrate today and tomorrow!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 04:39:15 pm »
Thank you guys for the ray of [...]! At 6 months off Ive been hit with a really bad wave, thanks for letting me know that there is still [...] out there!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 08:28:09 pm »
Congratulations to you!  I am so encouraged by your stories; thank you for sharing!