Author Topic: 1 year off benzos  (Read 1132 times)

[Buddie]

1 year off benzos
« on: June 24, 2019, 04:24:37 am »
Hello,

Today, itís been 1 year since my last Benzo. I took Ativan for nearly 20 years and had struggled for 5 years to stop this medication. Just over a year ago, I had to go to the ER for withdrawal symptoms and decided to detox at the hospital for a week. I didnít believe I could do it when I started, so I canít help feeling a great deal of pride and accomplishment today.

Thank you for letting me share.

Matt
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 1 year off benzos
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 04:39:04 am »
Thatís great! Congratulations. How do you feel?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:53:24 am »
Thanks! I feel much. better than I thought I would. Overall anxiety is doing better. I still struggle with social anxiety, so Iíll have to work on that. Depression was pretty bad about 6 months in, but itís getting better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 05:11:11 am »
Thanks! I feel much. better than I thought I would. Overall anxiety is doing better. I still struggle with social anxiety, so Iíll have to work on that. Depression was pretty bad about 6 months in, but itís getting better.

That's great to hear.  I still struggle with social anxiety.  My depression mostly lifted around 7 months. [...] it just gets better and better for you.  Congrats again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 08:06:55 am »
Congrats, great!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 10:09:03 pm »
Hello [...],
Congratulations for reaching your one year mark. Praying and hoping youíll get better and better as time goes by.  Keep fighting the good fight!

Sending you lots of hugs and love for a speedy recovery.

Blessings!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 03:46:11 pm »
Congratulations [...]!!!  Youíve reached your one year mark and you will make it to full healing and recovery  :smitten:  no doubt!  Big wishes for everything tiger better and better and soon!  What a great achievement, one that most people wouldnít even understand.  So great that youíre feeling better than you thought you would! 

Love,

[...] ❤️

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 06:56:05 pm »
Congratulation on 1 year!!! What an amazing accomplishment! Only healing and happiness ahead!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 07:33:45 pm »
Congratulations!  ;)

I wish I had the fortunate circumstances to detox the right way before things went completely off the chart. Now my doses are nothing short of being almost dead.

I only [...] you live up to your example one day. You took the reins in your own hands and bravely tackled w/d and everything. Enjoy and savour every moment of it!  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 08:57:52 pm »
Thanks everyone!