24/7 Depression/Anhedonia

[Fe...]

I too am trouble by constant depression , feelings my life is over there is no point, I feel like an empty husk. So you are not alone by any means these are terrible drugs. They damage the natural way our brain works I have found the best help aside from meditation is talking to someone who understands generally a therapist or counsellor just getting things back in perspective helps and remember things will get better.

Even going for a walk in the sunshine helps me a little just feeling the warmth of the sun is good  :)

Distraction although not a cure helps me get thru the day whther its trying to be busy with something if I can or reading or watching something on tv.

If it gets real bad call a helpline if you dont have anyone else.

Believe me I know how bad this can be and its completely debilitating, use the forum here chat and vent when you need to we are all here for each other its what being human means , even me doing this reply to you has helped me feel a little better , somewhat useful.

Dont give up there is so much yet for you to enjoy, be kind to yourself you are doing incredibly well and you truly are an awesome person with a lot of life to live and a lot to give.

Hugs and love to you

Raymond

My depression has morphed into feelings of anxiety and anger around loved ones. I get little glimpses of the really bad depression every so often. So yes, I still have it to some extent. I can tell you I never experienced anything like the level of depression I felt from months 2 to months 12 quitting this med.

im tapering V. For the last 4 months I have been so depressed ive literally lost myself. I have no idea who I am anymore.

Every Post ive read so far says ppl are having bouts of depression mine never leaves me and the only relief i get is sleep

That lost yourself feeling is really strange but not uncommon - called depersonalization. It's really tough to deal with - no doubt about it. True for anyone. So sorry you are facing it - hope it clears up for you soon.

• 1 month later...

im tapering V. For the last 4 months I have been so depressed ive literally lost myself. I have no idea who I am anymore. Ive tried AD’s they dont work. I dont even get a second of being who I once was. I tried to end my life because its gotten so bad but I wasn’t successful. Everyday I wish I had been. I still have 18mg of V to taper and im scared to will get worse.  :'(

Every Post ive read so far says ppl are having bouts of depression mine never leaves me and the only relief i get is sleep

How are you feeling now?

I feel this exact same way as you describe. It's such a hollow and pointless feeling. I've gotten to where you have been several times but I'm a single mom to four girls and they are what keeps me trying to stay the course.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Warrior 24

I thought I was the only one. Ive been put on Provigil which I havent had a bad reaction to at all. (Anti depressents did nothing). Provigil has helped more than ANYTHING i even did TMS. im by no means my self again but im no longer suicidal. i didnt want to start Provigil but I got DESPERATE. how are u? I dont have children but I wish i did so I had a reason to fight this. maybe when im pharmaceutical drug free and healed I can think about starting a family.

You are definitely not the only got. Got to that point yesterday and didn't know if I would make it. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

I have been off klonopin for 7 weeks. The depression started during tolerance, but got worse and worse during my taper. That is very typical in Benzo Withdrawal. It wa