Concussion and benzos

[Fo...]

Hi

As you will see from my signature I am aiming for a hold and stability after a jump from Seroquel.

I have had good advice from many thank you.

I had a nasty steroid injection which sent me into a blind panic for about ten days.

Sadly a week ago I fell in the bath cracking my head against the tiles.  I expected the headache and whiplash but what I am finding unbearable is the constant exhaustion!  I drift off into sleep at any opportunity but wake with a jolt of disorientation and panic lasting only minutes but it’s  SO awful I don’t feel safe for a while —-until I cuddle the dog.

Then exhaustion clouds over again.

I don’t think I have had a bleed.  Seen Doc.

Will it settle soon. .?  Using ibuprofen

thanks Dick aka Forty

I'm sorry you fell in the tub and hit your head; that sounds awful.  I feel very fatigued and have not hit my head.  So benzo withdrawal just by itself can cause immense fatigue.  I don't know if the head injury you had is causing it too.

Yes Ajusta

Pretty classical concussion with contra-coup frontal headache. Fainted on loo a few days later so guess upset the vagus nerve. Stiill neck stiff.

Kept myself awake for 6 hours to ensure no deterioration. Had some good advice from Headway which is a charity for minor to major head injury sufferer. (Rest fluids and high roughage diet with gentle walks only).

My Gp cheefully said it might last several weeks.

I had greatly overestimated the effect of coming off seroquel which had been a good anti-emetic and relaxant, but had to come off as very flat on an anti psychotic.

Could do with a good week or two. _)

Dick

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Ajusta

Pretty classical concussion with contra-coup frontal headache. Fainted on loo a few days later so guess upset the vagus nerve. Stiill neck stiff.

Kept myself awake for 6 hours to ensure no deterioration. Had some good advice from Headway which is a charity for minor to major head injury sufferer. (Rest fluids and high roughage diet with gentle walks only).

My Gp cheefully said it might last several weeks.

I had greatly overestimated the effect of coming off seroquel which had been a good anti-emetic and relaxant, but had to come off as very flat on an anti psychotic.

Could do with a good week or two. _)

Dick

Hi, Dick

I got a concussion when I was 7 or 8 years old.  I was running as fast as I could during a neighborhood water fight and flew full body weight and head first my forehead into the pavement of our driveway.  Huge lump on my eye and forehead.  I couldn't see for 24 hours, and I think I was vomiting, too.  Sometimes I wonder if that's why I've not been able to successfully taper off my benzos or even other meds.  Hope you're doing okay, Dick.  Haven't seen your typing around on the forum in a while.  Maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention.  God bless you.

Kindly,

j

• 1 month later...

I had a pretty bad concussion during withdrawal. Had residual headaches and increase in neurological symptoms and cognitive deficits for quite a few months, but it eventually passed.

I hope you feel better asap

Staunch

I am sorry to hear this...I am positive you will be better in a few weeks.. sending you lots of healing vibes and prayers

Blossom