REPOST-DEPRESSION/BRAIN FOG... BOTH?

[Ne...]

Hi All,

I was doing pretty well for a while and now I can't seem to figure out if I am suffering from depression, or it's just the brain fog is that bad that I feel almost delusional and lethargic.  My mornings are pretty rough and it does get better.  I have these crazy thoughts how my life is never going to be normal again with just a ton of fear.  My anxiety has been pretty good for the most part but I do find myself getting choked up a bit with panic lately and I just can't figure out if at 4 months off this is still W/D (I'm assuming it is).  I guess after 10 years of 1-2 mg of xanax or klonopin a day, 4 months is not a long time.  All of my other symptoms have left me which is nice.  I am still just battling depression or brain fog, whatever this is and a little bit of fear. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

ALL IN ALL I AM HAPPY I AM OFF, AND I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY JUST A PART OF HEALING BUT IT IS SO VERY HARD.  HERES TO LIFE BEYOND BENZOS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey NewLife, I too am just about 4 months off and have been feeling pretty good, Ive started to have more good days than bad but this morning I woke up with CRUSHING depression, Ive been crying and so sad and depressed today and the cog fog is terrible. Im not sure which is driving which and I suppose it doesn't matter, Im accepting today as a shitty day and trying to remind myself of the many good days I experienced as hope that the good days will come back. Its weird, its almost like the bad days wipe out my memory of the good days and all the progress I have made.

But im totally with you, I am so happy and proud to be benzo free. I know healing and happiness are ahead for all of us. This will not beat me. Onward and upward my friend.