4 Years off and doing well

[Lo...]

Hey Lockie, not sure if you'll see this but I'm 26 months out and just feeling so bad, I feel brain damaged and disconnected from the world honestly, I can work from home and go on walks but it's rare I enjoy something. Is there still hope for me to heal being sick even this far out? I know you went through hell but I'm concerned I'm too far gone or damaged brain wise to come back from this

Hi There,

At 26 months I was a trainwreck both physically and emotionally. I found this to be a really tough time mentally with alot of depression as I was alot better but still very very sick and getting smashed with waves. I definatly couldnt see a way out and the 3rd year was gruelling as staying strong for so long wears you down.I stabalised at 3.5 years out. You will get there eat healthy and rest as much as your lifestyle will allow you

Lockie,

I'm sorry you had such a hard time in withdrawal, I can't imagine what that must have been like.

Thank you for telling us, that you are doing so much better, it's really really good to hear, that you feel mentally well!

I hope your physical wellness will follow soon. Take care of yourself and thank you for sharing!

Lockie,

I'm sorry you had such a hard time in withdrawal, I can't imagine what that must have been like.

Thank you for telling us, that you are doing so much better, it's really really good to hear, that you feel mentally well!

May I ask how it was like when you started to feel "normal" again? At the moment I'm a bit worried that I have lost myself, that I will never feel connected to me, my life, my loved once again.

I hope your physical wellness will follow soon. Take care of yourself and thank you for sharing!