4 Years off and doing well

[Lo...]

Hi Guys!

Im not on here much anymore, as you start feeling better you kind of drift off the forum without realizing and lose track of time. Wow 4 years since jumping and my world fell to pieces. For those that dont know me i was a very extreme case and spent 18 months in bed or couch in a horrid state after jumping - totally locked down with every mental, physical and emotional symptom in the book. I know it nearly killed me i just kept getting worse for the first 6 months and i was a train wreck for 2 years after.

These days i am doing quite well, all the crazy mental SX (and i mean ALL of them) have gone away and i live with 100% mental clarity and am defiantly my old self and happy within. unfortunately my body still hasn't recovered 100%, i have a lot of neuropathic pain and stamina issues but seeing steady improvements even this far out. I work 3 days a week a a tradesman and the other 2 looking after my daughter then house/dad duties on the weekend so i live a busy life now. Id say everything is back to normal but my body is sensitive to physical exertion.

This could be a success story but im not calling it until im strong enough to work full time again. I need to be careful how hard i push it is a fine line if i go too far my nervous system will punish me. Fatigue and pain hits and my nervous system throbs and i suffer but generally now my day to day symptoms are more of a pain in the ass than terrifying. I use paracetamol, ibuprofen and recently weed to help deal with the pain and they work well but defiantly wouldn't recommend weed until your mental state is 100% and has been for awhile. 

Lockie,

Many thanks for this hopeful update - your post really helped me, especially hearing that the crazy mental stuff is GONE, and that you are happy!! More than anything, this is what I need to read.

Thanks again for caring enough to come back. I'm looking forward to reading your success story, when you're ready to leave one.

Congratulations on your wonderful progress, including being able to be an involved father to your daughter. It sounds wonderful to me.

Wildflower

Dear Lockie, this is wonderful to know! Finally! I am so happy for you. I think we are fragile for a long while...even when feeling better we need to be careful about overextending. Such a lesson in patience!

Much love and happiness to you and your sweet family. Hopefully I'm not far behind you!

Carita

Hi Guys!

Im not on here much anymore, as you start feeling better you kind of drift off the forum without realizing and lose track of time. Wow 4 years since jumping and my world fell to pieces. For those that dont know me i was a very extreme case and spent 18 months in bed or couch in a horrid state after jumping - totally locked down with every mental, physical and emotional symptom in the book. I know it nearly killed me i just kept getting worse for the first 6 months and i was a train wreck for 2 years after.

These days i am doing quite well, all the crazy mental SX (and i mean ALL of them) have gone away and i live with 100% mental clarity and am defiantly my old self and happy within. unfortunately my body still hasn't recovered 100%, i have a lot of neuropathic pain and stamina issues but seeing steady improvements even this far out. I work 3 days a week a a tradesman and the other 2 looking after my daughter then house/dad duties on the weekend so i live a busy life now. Id say everything is back to normal but my body is sensitive to physical exertion.

This could be a success story but im not calling it until im strong enough to work full time again. I need to be careful how hard i push it is a fine line if i go too far my nervous system will punish me. Fatigue and pain hits and my nervous system throbs and i suffer but generally now my day to day symptoms are more of a pain in the ass than terrifying. I use paracetamol, ibuprofen and recently weed to help deal with the pain and they work well but defiantly wouldn't recommend weed until your mental state is 100% and has been for awhile.

F yeah bro that is awesome !  Congrats :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for sharing Locki !

You did something huge ! Whaou !

I wish you the best for the future and I'm sure that what you have learn during this journey has making  you stronger for the rest of your life !

So encouraging to hear all the mental symptoms are gone and you have 100% mental clarity, these are the main symptoms holding me back from functioning normally.  Congratulations and may you continue to get better and better, thanks for sharing this with us.

So happy for you, this is so encouraging to read! Thank you for coming back and give us some hope.

Can I ask. did you had a head-pain.. like burning squeezing severed scalp pain? If yes, when did it go away.? 

Wishing you continue healing until you 100% better.

Love and healing

Vica

Dear Lockie, this is wonderful to know! Finally! I am so happy for you. I think we are fragile for a long while...even when feeling better we need to be careful about overextending. Such a lesson in patience!

Much love and happiness to you and your sweet family. Hopefully I'm not far behind you!

Carita

Hello Carita,

Thankyou for your kind messages through the good times and the bad. I hope one-day you fine some relief for this nightmare, you deserve it!

Lockie,

Great to hear man, very cool stuff. You’re videos were amazing to come across early in WD for me. I’m a couple weeks away from 2 years and even though I’m still struggling some stuff has definitely lightened up or disappeared. Thanks for being a constant source of hope for the community and wish you continued healing dude.

Hi everyone. Thankyou for all the kind messages, I had every symptom in the book mental, physical and emotional. So if you ask me "did I have this or that" yes i did to the extreme-it went as deep as full blown psychosis, suicidal ideation, DR/DP, horrific anxiety, ect. You name it i had it and bay 3.5 years off everything had left but the physical issues I still have

Thank you Lockie. You've been such a support to me. Truely, your healing inspires me daily. I'm getting there! Like you, it's muscle pain and fatigue that are the strongest now. The other symptoms are there but are much quieter. For that I am grateful!

Keep us posted!

Carita :smitten:

Thank you Lockie. You've been such a support to me. Truely, your healing inspires me daily. I'm getting there! Like you, it's muscle pain and fatigue that are the strongest now. The other symptoms are there but are much quieter. For that I am grateful!

Keep us posted!

Carita :smitten:

Well you will be pleased to know fatigue is gone and just the pain now due to living a full life. 1 left........phew

[b5...]

Congratulations, Lockie!  And, thanks for sharing your progress.

Tell me, does the physical gradually lift or non-linear like the rest.

How long was the akathisia with you?

Ss24

Hello Lockie!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your progress! I am so very happy you are enjoying your life now. Praying the one symptom left (pain) will be lifted soon like the rest! Your post is inspiring and gives me hope for a complete recovery when the time is right. Also, a million thanks for the video you posted.

May you continue to receive peace, joy, comfort and wellness for your new deserved new life!

Blessings!

Pi

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, from a fellow Aussie, glad to hear you're doing so well four years out! I'm tapering from 3 months use as well, but at a higher dose. I need to do a nice, and very slow taper with holds if I need. I find your YouTube videos a big inspiration.

I totally agree mate, it's f**king criminal what doctors tell patients and I also agree that hard stuff like Valium should be reserved for emergencies and not handed out like m+ms. I was none the wiser too and was told they were "safe". Then I realised I hit dependence.

Here's to good health and healing!

Dave.

Hey Lockie, not sure if you'll see this but I'm 26 months out and just feeling so bad, I feel brain damaged and disconnected from the world honestly, I can work from home and go on walks but it's rare I enjoy something. Is there still hope for me to heal being sick even this far out? I know you went through hell but I'm concerned I'm too far gone or damaged brain wise to come back from this

Songbird....absolutely you will improve.  At your time frame I was still a hot mess.  Stay strong.

Lockie-glad to hear it. very similar to me.  Suffering body stiffness and nerve pain if I overdo it.  I can walk up up to five miles at a healthy pace a few days a week now.  If I get a bad day it passes quickly.

Having a hard time with my mental symptoms and am feeling very sad today. Glad to hear that yours got better. Praying that eventually I will get better, too.

Thank you.