Author Topic: 4 Years off and doing well  (Read 1691 times)

[Buddie]

4 Years off and doing well
« on: June 17, 2019, 09:24:14 am »
Hi Guys!

Im not on here much anymore, as you start feeling better you kind of drift off the forum without realizing and lose track of time. Wow 4 years since jumping and my world fell to pieces. For those that dont know me i was a very extreme case and spent 18 months in bed or couch in a horrid state after jumping - totally locked down with every mental, physical and emotional symptom in the book. I know it nearly killed me i just kept getting worse for the first 6 months and i was a train wreck for 2 years after.

These days i am doing quite well, all the crazy mental SX (and i mean ALL of them) have gone away and i live with 100% mental clarity and am defiantly my old self and happy within. unfortunately my body still hasn't recovered 100%, i have a lot of neuropathic pain and stamina issues but seeing steady improvements even this far out. I work 3 days a week a a tradesman and the other 2 looking after my daughter then house/dad duties on the weekend so i live a busy life now. Id say everything is back to normal but my body is sensitive to physical exertion.

This could be a success story but im not calling it until im strong enough to work full time again. I need to be careful how hard i push it is a fine line if i go too far my nervous system will punish me. Fatigue and pain hits and my nervous system throbs and i suffer but generally now my day to day symptoms are more of a pain in the ass than terrifying. I use paracetamol, ibuprofen and recently weed to help deal with the pain and they work well but defiantly wouldn't recommend weed until your mental state is 100% and has been for awhile. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 4 Years off and doing well
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 02:51:25 pm »
[...],

Many thanks for this [...] update - your post really helped me, especially hearing that the crazy mental stuff is GONE, and that you are happy!! More than anything, this is what I need to read.

Thanks again for caring enough to come back. I'm looking forward to reading your success story, when you're ready to leave one.

Congratulations on your wonderful progress, including being able to be an involved father to your daughter. It sounds wonderful to me.

Wildflower
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:40:57 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 07:17:06 pm »
Dear [...], this is wonderful to know! Finally! I am so happy for you. I think we are fragile for a long while...even when feeling better we need to be careful about overextending. Such a lesson in patience!
Much love and happiness to you and your sweet family. Hopefully I'm not far behind you!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 08:10:51 am »
Hi Guys!

Im not on here much anymore, as you start feeling better you kind of drift off the forum without realizing and lose track of time. Wow 4 years since jumping and my world fell to pieces. For those that dont know me i was a very extreme case and spent 18 months in bed or couch in a horrid state after jumping - totally locked down with every mental, physical and emotional symptom in the book. I know it nearly killed me i just kept getting worse for the first 6 months and i was a train wreck for 2 years after.

These days i am doing quite well, all the crazy mental SX (and i mean ALL of them) have gone away and i live with 100% mental clarity and am defiantly my old self and happy within. unfortunately my body still hasn't recovered 100%, i have a lot of neuropathic pain and stamina issues but seeing steady improvements even this far out. I work 3 days a week a a tradesman and the other 2 looking after my daughter then house/dad duties on the weekend so i live a busy life now. Id say everything is back to normal but my body is sensitive to physical exertion.

This could be a success story but im not calling it until im strong enough to work full time again. I need to be careful how hard i push it is a fine line if i go too far my nervous system will punish me. Fatigue and pain hits and my nervous system throbs and i suffer but generally now my day to day symptoms are more of a pain in the ass than terrifying. I use paracetamol, ibuprofen and recently weed to help deal with the pain and they work well but defiantly wouldn't recommend weed until your mental state is 100% and has been for awhile.

F yeah bro that is awesome !  Congrats :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 09:41:45 am »
Thanks a lot for sharing Locki !
You did something huge ! Whaou !
I wish you the best for the future and I'm sure that what you have learn during this journey has making  you stronger for the rest of your life !

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 12:01:23 pm »
So encouraging to hear all the mental symptoms are gone and you have 100% mental clarity, these are the main symptoms holding me back from functioning normally.  Congratulations and may you continue to get better and better, thanks for sharing this with us.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 02:04:32 am »
So happy for you, this is so encouraging to read! Thank you for coming back and give us some [...].
Can I ask. did you had a head-pain.. like burning squeezing severed scalp pain? If yes, when did it go away.? 
Wishing you continue healing until you 100% better.
Love and healing
[...]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:13:06 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 10:41:21 pm »
Dear [...], this is wonderful to know! Finally! I am so happy for you. I think we are fragile for a long while...even when feeling better we need to be careful about overextending. Such a lesson in patience!
Much love and happiness to you and your sweet family. Hopefully I'm not far behind you!

[...]

Hello [...],

Thankyou for your kind messages through the good times and the bad. I [...] one-day you fine some relief for this nightmare, you deserve it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 11:02:47 pm »
Congratulations.  It's nice reading about success from the horrific and bizarre mental symptoms.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 11:21:39 pm »
Did you develop any form of OCD?