Driving again

[th...]

Hi,

This is not a full and complete success story, but it is a HUGE milestone that I felt needed to be posted in the 'Success Stories' page.

I hit a huge milestone today.  I drove (comfortably) on the highway!  OMG it feels great!  Like I've been born again!

I did a six week rapid taper and jumped in January last year, starting in February I couldn't drive (even as a passenger) on the highways.  It was awful!  The anxiety and fear was terrifying.

Here is a link to this from last year : http://198.58.99.130/forum/index.php?topic=200189.msg2600650#msg2600650

So today I felt comfortable enough to drive on the highways.

I drove over a HUGE bridge.

I did I-95 interchanges.

I drove next to trucks.

I did Overtaking.

I drove in the fast lane.

Exhilarating!!

I believe in the process and I believe that we will all be cured, it just takes time!

I don't want to say I am completely cured just yet, maybe after a few months of driving with more confidence.

I do have a lot of ringing in my ears, sleep is not great too.

Thanks BenzoBuddies!

Cheers

ThisIstMe

Thank you Sara!  You will be driving before you know it!

I know that for the longest time I just couldn't believe that I would ever be able to do it... but yet, today.... all is good in the world.

Keep strong, I believe in you!

thisIstMe

This is definitely a success! Congratulations! It takes a high level of wellness to be able to drive freeway speeds again. I remember my first time at about 2 years off....I felt triumphant. May you continue to see progress!

Carita :smitten:

Congratulations! I will be happy when I can drive on the highway again because it use to relax me. I may give it a try this week and jump on the freeway and go to the next exit to see how i do.

PG

This is huge!  It's amazing how the small things become so important when we lose them.  I am driving but am not half as comfortable as you....yet.  Keep on driving!