Anhedonia just plain sucks

[Er...]

46 months off and I still struggle with anhedonia. I really want to enjoy the things I used to enjoy but I struggle to. I get excited about booking things to do and I look forward to things but the closer it gets to actually doing the activity, the less I want to do it. Most of the time I just go through the motion but would rather be at home in front of the TV. This is really the only mental symptom I have as most of the things I struggle with in waves are physical. Life was so much more fun before this!

Hi Eric,

I’m sorry to hear that.  I’m almost 24 mos off and I know what you mean.  These is a depressive aspect to my viewpoint that I never used to have.  It’s like knowing you have hit bottom makes you know there is a bottom.

I do get better over time and the urgency I used to feel has diminished somewhat: I believe that will happen to you too.  Things that have helped me:  yoga, meditation, telling myself I’m still healing, telling myself I can do whatever I want, and sometimes swearing at people in my head that I don’t agree with while they’re talking to me.

Tiny