K and V taper schedule - Maybe helpful?

[An...]

Greetings! I just received some of a curious advance schedule from my Doc about my tapering. He is all Ashton, all the way. Last night I went down 1 mg again on V, from 5 to 2 now. We are going down 1 mg of V a week. The 1 mg of K I am on has remained a steady dosage since going down by .25 when he started 5 mg of V with me. The advance schedule is to keep going down, as long as I feel ready, by 1 mg of V every week, to 0. I think a week goes by after that. Then, it's down on K again finally by .5 mg. At the same time, he will rescrip me for 10 mg V. We both felt that was enough for me to know at this time. He said there were 6 or 8 more weeks of treatment after that...all different. I am not good at figuring any of this out & we both know I am easily overwhelmed by this stuff...and, I am not that well. All I can see is that it goes between the two pills, back & forth in a non-linear manner. I think 6 to 8 months in all is involved right now, but my circumstances & reactions could pull it out a year or so. No idea & no way to predict. I am glad to have him. I couldn't do this alone.

I have soldiered through various reactions but have had help with supplements & an alternative chiropractor, & my family doctor & an ENT stepped in at times. They have all been helpful. I have had waves of this or that. On the whole, compared to others, I seem to do pretty well I guess. I can go slower if I want to. This last adjustment brought a bout of constipation. I have a history of IBS-C anyway. I used one dose of Miralax for it the first night. I had diarrhea the next morning. I got some advice from my chiro & an adjustment from him, & an abdominal message from his massage therapist. I am increasing the tea bag steeping time for the Chiro-Klenz tea I take at night for two or three weeks. I take my regular fiber capsules & papaya digestive enzymes, probiotics, & magnesium citrate tablets. I have had normal movements starting the day after all that but I can still feel it is off. Anyway I will just keep nursing myself with this & that. It's already so much better. I just had some ginger tea. I am sleepy alot but that's par for the course for me, with all this going on. I do drink some coffee & green tea to start the day, & hydrate with three bottles of water a day. Blessings to all!