Introduction.

[Ti...]

58 year old male 1.50 mg Xanax for 15 months taken for sleep single dose at night. Have tapered to 1mg.

.25 during day .75 at night. Interdose withdrawals. Has anyone used Trazodone concurrently to help with insomnia ?

Thanks. Desparate for any help.

Hello Tiredbeyond :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community, you will get plenty of support here. Well done on starting your taper. The rule of thumb is to reduce the daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  It’s okay to go slower than this, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

You can post questions on the Others Medications Board and hopefully get some feedback

Other Medications     

You may want to check out the insomnia board, I have posted the link below. You may get some tips to help with your sleep issues. 

Insomnia 

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Tiredbeyond, yeah my neurologist put me on Trazodone 50 mg and it only works for a few days and still only get 2-3 hours of light sleep and I do not want to become addicted to it so I only take it sparingly, to me its not worth it.

God bless

banditcat