Hopeful and terrified

[Ho...]

Hi :) 35 year old Melbourne female. Gad and panic disorder. Klonopin 2mg a day for 12 years. No tolerance, no increase in dose, was stable and leading a pretty great life. Dr retired and new one wants me off, I understand why. Have been tapering since January this year. No guidance, just Internet.  I'm down to 3/4 of a 2mg tablet. Dr won't swap to Valium or the Ashton method. I'm terrified of life once off... how do I deal with the crippling anxiety that I can barely live thru now? Scared as anything.

zDFSObb.png

Hello Hopeful2019!

We are very glad that you found us!

Sounds like you have a great start with your taper. After I was on benzo a while, my anxiety actually magnified. Once off, the anxiety became more manageable over time. You may find it advantageous to learn some natural coping techniques such as deep breathing , mindfulness etc while you are tapering. Many folks have found that doing a symptom based taper reducing 5 - 10% every 10 - 14 days and holding when necessary produces more manageable symptoms... Stay strong, you can do this!

I would also like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.  You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's

Boards:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

Welcome to BB. Ppl who are forced off these drugs sometimes do poorly. It is often a very hard long painful process to free yourself from the grasp of these drugs. You have to want to do it. Most of us are forced off these drugs bc the drugs are making us sicker due to tolerance so you have no choice. How long has it taken you to taper from 2mg of K to 3/4 of a mg? That is a huge accomplishment in and of itself.