Easy Xanax Taper!

[He...]

Providing this for any other people out there who were freaked the f out coming to boards and not finding enough easy taper stories.  I was on Xanax for a year about a decade ago and popped off with a small short taper, no issues.  I then mistakenly got dependent again last year after a pharmaceutical injury.  I had a disastrous CT, hell, and an even worse hell coming to the boards and scaring myself into a nervous breakdown by reading too many horror stories and not enough easy stories.  I then eventually started a very slow micro taper, and took 7 months to go off .5 xanax, which was increased to .75 from some bad advice from a fb group.  I was fine during my taper. 

I've been off for a couple weeks, and I'm fine. 

If you are sensitive, and scared, please micro taper. I dry tapered, no liquid necessary. No crushing pills.  My Xanax pills were so soft (Activis) that I was able to use my fingernail and scrape .003 per day, using a crappy gram scale.  It was super frustrating, and not accurate, but with enough weighing, I felt ok about the numbers I was getting each night. It took 45 minutes a night to scrape my four pills into the dose I wanted, and I wrote every dose down so that I could take off the right numbers from each dose on the right day.

The thing that made the most difference was going from 3 doses a day to 4.  That stopped most of my horrific interdose symptoms I had been getting before tapering.  My agoraphobia disappeared completely. 

I am very happy I didn't move to Valium. I knew it wasn't right for me.  There are studies that show that Valium stays in the system longer and compounds on top of itself, so by staying on Xanax, i didn't put higher doses of benzos into my system.

I also did many things to help my health, the best thing was the adrenal cocktail using a vitamin C table with a whole C source, not ascorbic acid. 

Even being here again is making me shake and remember how scared I was, so I can't guaranty I will log on again.  But I had to, to try and give someone new encouragement that there are plenty of people out there that don't come back like I did who had a normal smooth taper. 

Blessings.

I just realized that the rules state I shouldn't post in here until two months later, but I'm not coming back in two months. I've been fine since the beginning of my taper 8 months ago, and I'm fine now, so I hope mods don't delete my story!  Give other 'me's' hope!

This is so wonderful and does indeed give me so much hope! Just out of curiosity, did you stay at 4 doses a day all the way down your taper? If so, how did you figure out the dose weights? Congratulations on completing your journey!! That is such an amazing accomplishment!

Thank you for your post. I am down to 1 mg Xanax from 1.25 for 15 months. Can I ask what you vitamin C source was?

You did great.