Help with Klonopin

[ea...]

I found this website while searching for a benzo taper schedule. I've been taking 1.50mg Klonopin for 3 years. I tapered down to 1mg within a month with no issues or withdrawals whatsoever. I've been trying to taper down from 1mg for a couple of months with no success, which is what has led me here.

Yesterday, feeling really stable at 1mg, I attempted to drop by .25mg, but within 24 hours it resulted in one of the most terrifying panic attacks! So awful. I've been in tears feeling hopeless and frustrated beyond words.

I don't understand. I've never abused my prescription, I don't take any other drugs, I don't drink alcohol, I have a comfortable life (money, no need to work, beautiful, loving family/friends), my diet is impeccable...

I was given the medication at a time when my life was very unstable (difficult breakup), so I believe my anxiety to be circumstantial. It only occurred to me to go off the drug when I realized I want to have a baby and my OBGYN strongly suggested it. Now it breaks my heart that I'm stuck on this awful drug when all I want is to start a beautiful family. I'm hoping someone here can help...

zDFSObb.png

Hello earthangel!

We are very glad that you found us!

Wise decision to get off of the benzo's. You really have done  remarkable job so far. A .25mg is actually a large cut (25%) That is probably why you are having s/x's. Many folks have found that doing a symptom based taper reducing 5 - 10% every 10 - 14 days and holding when necessary produces manageable symptoms. Good luck with your taper and expanding your family! You can do this. Try to be patient :thumbsup:

I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.  You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's

Boards:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

Hi earthangel, welcome to bb.  Bella has left you with great links to read about benzo's and withdrawing from them.  One thing I would ask is that you do the signature link first, it will give us a big picture of your drug history (dates if you can), that way we can give you the best advice possible.

The 25% cut is going to be hard to overcome, it threw your brain and central nervous system into

fight or flight.  I would go back up 1/4 % and try to hold there.  It may take awhile to get things calmed down again.  Hold tight, fill in that signature, read the tapering threads and we will hep you get started, we are not doctor's , we go by all our own experiences.  Again, welcome to bb.  Mary 🍀🍀

Thank you for your kind responses, they really gave me some hope. I added my signature, I think I did it correctly but if not let me know. I agree that a 25% cut was a bit ambitious, I'm sure many can relate to the frustration of just wanting the drug completely removed from the body. It's such a slow, tedious process. It was so easy for me to go from 1.5mg to 1mg, I honestly didn't notice a thing, so I think I was in shock when the drop to .75mg brought on the panic attack. I'm feeling much better today. I plan on trying alternative therapies (TCM, acupuncture) plus different strategies with my new psychiatrist, so I'll be sure to update!  :)