Help for Klonopin .5MG taper?

[...]

I would really love some help doing a taper.

I have been on .5MG (sometimes taking one and a half pill only during serious anxiety attack). Currently been avoiding much stress inducers. Consistently at .5mg. I have tried titration but I didn’t know enough about it when starting so I lost a pill (there was no effect on me because I didn’t keep it in the refrigerator.) I’m concerned even if I do keep it refrigerated it will lose its effect.

My next thought is to get my doctor to put me on the .125mg wafers.

I already have a lot of symptoms palps, anxiety, digestion issues and muscle tightness/pain all over. I’m not sure how to come down and when will I notice to take another cut if I already feel pretty sucky. I don’t expect to feel perfect the whole time during all of this but I feel like I am already having those symptoms (or maybe just my body wanting to go up?)

Last straw was when I started having more severe digestion issues and worse anxiety/angoraphobia. I have about 2-3 anxiety a day. Going out just means I might have to take more so that makes me want to go out even less. People and places (even friends) give me anxiety.

What do you guys think of rehab centers (at my dose maybe it sounds stupid but I have been doing this at home alone so it’s not easy.)

Thank you.

I would really love some help doing a taper. Anxiety going to end this for now thank you.

The easiest, most tolerable way to taper is a daily microtaper with liquid.  This allows you to make a series of tiny cuts instead of a big, periodic cut.

I would really love some help doing a taper. Anxiety going to end this for now thank you.

The easiest, most tolerable way to taper is a daily microtaper with liquid.  This allows you to make a series of tiny cuts instead of a big, periodic cut.

I tried this but I just noticed no help when I had an anxiety attack. It’s really frustrated ended up being short and on my own at the end of the month (had to do half a .5MG pill for a few daus) didn’t know how hard that would be. You jumped off at .5? Did you notice much problem with that?? Sounds so hard!

I tried this but I just noticed no help when I had an anxiety attack. It’s really frustrated ended up being short and on my own at the end of the month (had to do half a .5MG pill for a few daus) didn’t know how hard that would be. You jumped off at .5? Did you notice much problem with that?? Sounds so hard!

I jumped at .5mg diazepam!

That's like .03 mg K.

Glad you're getting some suggestions.

My old shrink had me jump at .25mg of K she said "You'll be just fine". WRONG!!! I ended up in the hospital 3 times for weird withdraw symptoms. So please don't jump at even .25mg of K.

I really don't know if I will be doing a liquid taper, but rather getting a scale and cutting, like you, when I get to your dose, I want to try to get the lowest dose wafers of K. I know for sure I don't want to cross over to Valium (Ashton Plan).

I'm really not sure of my doctors taper plan but I do know I have to go slow and low. Jumping too quickly was costly on my life and wallet. Like I suggested in you intro, try to go with a buddies suggestion. Doctors just have NO CLUE.

In regards to your second question, I was in a mental hospital for other reasons. The doctor didn't even discuss my 5mg daily K dose. In his mind, he thought it was too high and dropped me from 5mg to 2mg immediately. I was poly-drugged to combat withdraw symptoms, but that did not work. My BP was 180 over 101 at one point. I felt dizzy ALL the time (pass out dizzy), Vomiting, Insomnia, Palps, more anxious, blurred vision, etc... I couldn't function and then they threw me out onto the streets after 3 weeks.

I was in a world of hurt, I called my shrink and got reinstated to 5mg of K. Then very shortly after that 5mg wasn't helping. I knew I had to get off K.

So I would say NO to a detox center (IMHO)

I know you can do this.