Lymphedema Caused By Benzos? / Benzo Anesthesia During Taper? I'm Scared

[fl...]

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to get input on two medical issues that I'm currently dealing with.

1) Has anyone heard of Benzos causing Lympedema and if after being off them for a while it went away on it's own? I have been recently diagnosed with Lymphedema, the doctors have not determined if I have primary or secondary yet. I have not had trauma or the types of surgery that typically brings on the onset of Lymphedema. I did have a laparoscopy for endometriosis where they make the two incisions near the legs and groin but I have not read where that would cause the condition.

2) I also have pulsatile tinnitus that is so loud my husband can hear it. It sounds like a chirping sound This conveniently started a few months after I started to taper but it is not a known benzo withdrawal symptom. I will be undergoing a procedure soon called a cerebral angiogram soon. Other than the creepiness of the procedure by itself they plan on using benzos as a twilight medicine for anesthesia. This scares me because the slightest uptick or taper of my current meds increase the magnitude and frequency of my withdrawal symptoms. Has anyone out there underwent a surgical procedure where they used benzos while they were in the middle of their taper and how did that work out?

I'd appreciate any insight or advice you might have to offer. Thank you for your time.