I don't know whats holding me back

[Qd...]

I'm 21 and I am so internally conflicted on why I can't just take my adderall. From when i was 18-21st birthday in august i could take my adderall and vyvanse just fine, until my withdrawals I've been staring at my pill bottles wanting to take them, yet something is stopping me. I know for a fact it is anxiety, but i don't know how to get passed it. Everytime i think about taking it, I immediately think it will be too strong or it will make my anxiety worse, or that ill be fine while the drug is causing effects but will have a bad comedown at the end of the day. I'm really struggling to get back to where i was before the Benzos. I have the same avoidance with weed too. I love weed and had smoked for many years without problem. But i cant smoke it now because I'm scared i might panic or start tripping out (DP/DR mostly).

I need some advice I want to smoke pot with my friends and be happy. I want to take my adderall and be productive. I'm just so conflicted. Will this fear go away with time?

Any help welcome  :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Qdoba,

Your whole life is ahead of you. It would be a shame to throw it away for a stimulant that treats ADHD but resembles amphetamines. Don't go this way if you don't want to ruin your life. Add to that, benzo usage and you're set up for some pretty harsh times.

Weed is fine as long as it's taken from time to time, or safest, but when you combine it with amphetamines and benzos, hello, you're on your own way of paving your future of addiction. Please don't do it. You're young, so I understand the impulse.

Could you please enlighten us on your benzo usage? What benzo are you using, how often and do you have any plans on discontinuing it?

Regards and hope you'll change your mind,

Georgi  :)

I was on xanax .5 mg from dec 2017-june 2018 when i switched to klonopin,My last klonopin dose was july 30th 2018 , since then im just experiencing paws anxiety. but my main concern is why my mind is so afraid of consuming any drugs at all, good or bad.

How much klonopin?

"My mind is so afraid of consuming any drugs at all, good or bad" That's your anxiety and paranoia talking. Don't worry, you can always cold turkey or taper.

Hi Qdoba,

Your whole life is ahead of you. It would be a shame to throw it away for a stimulant that treats ADHD but resembles amphetamines. Don't go this way if you don't want to ruin your life. Add to that, benzo usage and you're set up for some pretty harsh times.

Weed is fine as long as it's taken from time to time, or safest, but when you combine it with amphetamines and benzos, hello, you're on your own way of paving your future of addiction. Please don't do it. You're young, so I understand the impulse.

Could you please enlighten us on your benzo usage? What benzo are you using, how often and do you have any plans on discontinuing it?

Regards and hope you'll change your mind,

Georgi  :)

Ah, ah. We have rules against prescriptive writing. It is not for you, me, or any other member to direct another member in the medicines they should or should not take. Please review our community guidelines on this matter, and I feel sure that you will understand our reasoning on this matter.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=25837.0

If a member is experiencing problems with medication, the usual and best advice is to encourage them to talk with their doctor.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, Colin. I'll make sure it won't happen again. Thanks for directing me towards the guidelines :)

No Problem. I expect that most members never actually read the rules and guidance. Certainly, I tend to skip them too when I join a forum. But BB is quite different to most forums and social media - our rules guidelines have to reflect the nature and reality of our membership and aims.

Thanks for understanding.

Im not so much asking what drugs i should take. but asking if my fear to consume my prescribed meds go away without taking them. or do i have to take them to get past the fear.