why im here

[Qd...]

Hello Qdoba,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! It looks like you decided enough was enough in terms of abusing benzos, good for you.  Your withdrawal was a cold turkey, which can be harsh to say the least. The good thing is that you are off benzos and you seem to be doing pretty well now. Recovery can take some time, the central nervous system has to recover from the massive changes that benzos make to it.

I would be very careful with alcohol until you are certain you are completely recovered. Alcohol targets the same receptors in the brain as benzos.  Some people are able to tolerate drinking alcohol again, I am able to but I'm not a big drinker by any means. Others can not tolerate it even after recovery.

Supplements like L-Theanine work for some but not for others.  Each person is unique and will react differently to supplements.

I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board. You can post there and receive feedback from others.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual. Although it discusses tapering in detail, it also gives good information about the withdrawal process in general.  The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

You recovery is progressing.  Time will allow your system to adjust to being without drugs.  We'll be happy to support and encourage you through the healing process. Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)