Newbie .5MG Klonopin so many questions / palps?

[...]

Hi there

I’m experimcing basically every symptom I think possible for Klonopin. I started taking on occasionally for severe anxiety attacks (they’d last about two hours) after being exposed to black mold for MONTHS. Doctors didn’t know what to do- basically no one wanted to touch me because my heart rate resting at 100. Never helped me with the mold problem.

So @ 21 I was on kpin occasionally on and off.

@ 25 I started taking daily after dealing with some intense anxiety I thought taking my prescription as perscriped might make go away.

Well obviously I was super wrong.

I’ve had so many EKGs I had no idea what was wrong with Me I thought I was losing my mind and everyone around me just told me I needed to get my “anxiety handled”. Even right now after talking to my doctor I have a cardiologist appt next Thursday for a heart monitor. (I have had this done before and nothing was wrong.)

Started having tons of palpitations, more anxiety and within the last year basically turned into angoraphobia. Does everyone here get palps???

Also I am down to eating only some fish, chicken, avocados celery and seeet potato. But basically everything causing me nausea and indigestion, palps for hours after. It’s terribly annoying to feel like you’re suffering after every meal. I started to sincerely hate food more than anything lately and dropped 16 pounds the last month that I didn’t need to.

How long does it take one to get off .5MG Klonopin? I’ve honeslty been looking for a rehab center.

Welcome.

Everyone is different when coming off benzos. I'm coming off 5mg daily of K. I'm down to 3mg daily now. I have dropped 1mg each time and only experienced mild withdraw symptoms for about a month.

But this is my second attempt to get off K. I do know the lower the dose and the less of K your body gets, the stronger the withdraw symptoms.

Go to the message board to "General Taper Plans", post that you need a taper plan and get some suggestions there. Many people can help you. Especially if you have the time. You might need a few months or a year. It just depends on the individual. For me, dropping large and "holding" for a while is working best for me at the moment, but this could change.

Just remember to go slow and listen to your body and symptoms.

Good Luck

Welcome.

Everyone is different when coming off benzos. I'm coming off 5mg daily of K. I'm down to 3mg daily now. I have dropped 1mg each time and only experienced mild withdraw symptoms for about a month.

But this is my second attempt to get off K. I do know the lower the dose and the less of K your body gets, the stronger the withdraw symptoms.

Go to the message board to "General Taper Plans", post that you need a taper plan and get some suggestions there. Many people can help you. Especially if you have the time. You might need a few months or a year. It just depends on the individual. For me, dropping large and "holding" for a while is working best for me at the moment, but this could change.

Good Luck

Honestly my body keeps telling me to go up on my dose. I don’t want to do that.. thank you very much for your response I have been trying to find and wanting a taper plan just not sure how to get. To that my doctor isn’t exactly ideal for my situation..

Sounds like you’re doing really great. :) I usually take less by the end of the month when I am running low.. i have 1-4 anxiety attacks a day depending on the situation. So I always feel the need to take more just to go out and be normal which is pretty exhausting to say the least lol

Thanks again <3

Welcome.

Good Luck

Honestly my body keeps telling me to go up on my dose. I don’t want to do that.. thank you very much for your response I have been trying to find and wanting a taper plan just not sure how to get. To that my doctor isn’t exactly ideal for my situation..

Sounds like you’re doing really great. :) I usually take less by the end of the month when I am running low.. i have 1-4 anxiety attacks a day depending on the situation. So I always feel the need to take more just to go out and be normal which is pretty exhausting to say the least lol

Thanks again <3

With my experience the first time trying to get off K, I got completely off (around 9 years ago). I was not aware of this forum or the horrible side effects this med would do to me during withdraw. I was reinstated to 3mg daily. That helped for about 3 months, then I found I needed more. After two years of reinstating I was on an ungodly dose of K (5mg daily).

Some might suggest to go back to a dose where you feel stable, but I would also add...don't stay there too long. Once you feel "okay" begin to taper again at a much slower rate and in smaller doses.

I had to change shrinks to one who would help me taper. I know a lot of people don't have this option (finding a new shrink), which is why I suggest you post on the "General Taper" forum and find a Buddie who can offer some suggestions to get you off this poison slowly and safely. I personally will take a Buddies taper plan over a doctors. My first doctor was clearly clueless. And I was in the hospital 3 times because of strange withdraw symptoms due to K withdraw (My old shrink just dropped my dose too fast).

Again, I'm glad your here and best of luck.

Hi Gstc,

You may want to post future questions on this board. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=145.0

This post will probably get moved because it is not a 1st introductory post. I personally would try to avoid rehab ctr's for K detox. I did this in 2006 and I had both a terrible experience and bad outcome. Have you considered crossing over to valium and them slowly taper off the valium?

Fresh said>>>Some might suggest to go back to a dose where you feel stable, but I would also add...don't stay there too long. Once you feel "okay" begin to taper again at a much slower rate and in smaller doses.

I agree 100%. I made the mistake of getting stable and just decided to stay on valium and now I am paying a horrible price for that decision. Please do as Fresh suggested bc sooner or later, these drugs will slowly start to turn on you.