Extreme Fatigue!

[Jo...]

I have been doing fairly well recently in my taper but one withdrawal symptom that is still really plaguing me is fatigue. I find myself falling asleep (napping) frequently during the day even though I am getting decent sleep at night. This is unusual for me.

I have heard that this is a common benzo withdrawal symptom but that seems odd to me. I would think I would be less sleepy as I taper off a benzo considering it is a tranquilizer.

A bad, but common, day may look like:

Do something for 20 minutes;

Nap;

Do something for 40 minutes;

Nap;

Do something for 30 minutes;

Nap.

Etc.

Can anyone relate?

Can anyone explain this fatigue?

Thanks!

I had bad fatigue for 3 weeks...still have bouts of it, especially after exercise. Had to push myself and keep going. Naps would have so screwed up my sleep schedule. All those naps you take, wish I could have managed a few. Don't you find it hard to sleep at night?

I have been doing fairly well recently in my taper but one withdrawal symptom that is still really plaguing me is fatigue. I find myself falling asleep (napping) frequently during the day even though I am getting decent sleep at night. This is unusual for me.

I have heard that this is a common benzo withdrawal symptom but that seems odd to me. I would think I would be less sleepy as I taper off a benzo considering it is a tranquilizer.

Nap;

Nap;

Nap.

Etc.

Can anyone relate?

Thanks!

John, you may want to ask that question on the KK2 Club thread.  They are on K, Look under Support Groups to find it, good luck, Mary 🍀

I have to admit that I'm really jealous of this, John......a much better alternative than not being able to sleep, though I know that it must be frustrating. Sleep = brain healing, IMO.

John I’ve had fatigue throughout my taper and still after walking off. I don’t understand if but I don’t question it either. I prefer this to no sleeep. I nap throughout the day at least once or twice sometimes more. We are healing.

Thanks. The “sleep = brain healing” concept may be accurate and is comforting.

Back to sleep now. 😁

I believe that the fatigue I have is due to the muscular tensión I have all day (as a result of the benzo withdrawl!).

I've had overwhelming fatigue but I was unable to nap during the day though. I'd have to stay in bed otherwise I'd be in excruciating pain and sick. I'm still tired all the time and my day looks like yours with "rest" instead of "nap". Then there were days when I'd sleep 10-11 hours at night and still feel tired.

[78...]
I'm almost 18 months off and still experiencing severe fatigue, but find it difficult to sleep despite it. I've had it so bad i even had to lay down on a bench in the street as i just couldn't keep my eyes open. Horrible.

Hi John,

When I unknowingly hit tolerance on Clonazapam I became very fatigued. The fatigue has gotten worse as I try to get off this stuff!

Like you, I sleep fine at night but wake up feeling incredibly un-rested and want to stay in bed all day!

Most Benzobuddies seem to have an insomnia issue (opposite of us) so I was uncertain my problem was Benzo related but it is.

Best wishes,

Mark

Nap;

Nap;

Nap.

Etc.

Can anyone relate?

Thanks!

Your days sound alot like mine...I've had this horrible fatigue for over a year now and tho it has gotten a little better I still have to nap or atleast lay down and rest inbetween trying to get a few things done.

Yes, I don't sleep and never could nap.

Fatigued, lying in bed, wch is the norm now.

It is very upsetting to not be able to control my life at all.

Jealous of those wh can nap/sleep...

I know this may not be the response you are looking for but this is a great alternative to not being able to sleep. during a time of withdrawal, I would have preferred this over the many nights I was wired with anxiety while the whole house slept. this is your brain just needed rest to repair everything. its really a win win for you. You are healing while you sleep and you are able to do things in between. I was bed ridden for 8 months getting absolutely nothing done. hang in there and it will get better as you heal, and especially after you jump fully and time goes by..

yeah i cant sleep either.

I am tired but there is no way I will be able to nap. Then I am very lucky if I get sleep at night.

Its good for those of you who can nap like that during the day. Hopefully Ill get back to the point where I can nap as well.

Yes it is all benzo related. Had fatigue so bad I felt like I was dying for months. To call it severe would be an understatement. I thought for sure I had ME/ CFS or worse!

It has gotten so much better. Many days no longer existant.

Hang in there, the fatigue will pass in time.