Six years...yep

[be...]

I feel sorry for you. I can thank my wonderful pdoc for my slow taper. It seemed insurmountable at 200 mg so someone here told me to throw away my calendar so I did. I’m sure or at least hope you will turn the corner soon. There is a sticky thread called four phases of withdrawal so you might want to check it out. It in orange I’m guessing in protracted or post withdrawal. You are not alone and remember a lot of bad symptoms can hit me at any time. I’m just enjoying it while I can. Remember you are off this poison so that’s what really counts. :smitten:

Oh no! I am praying you never have any symptoms ever! Hope the ball never drops! You are indeed very lucky to have a doc who wisely coordinated a taper with you. What great piece of advice to throw away the calendar, too.  If we were on the drug for years why not give our body time to get off of it? Wish I had thought of it that way at the time!

It's true, our bodies adapt and heal at their own rates, and I am ever-hopeful that mine will heal sooner rather than later. I tapered off quite a few meds, so I won't be surprised if it takes some time, though. Its okay, I'll hang out here for awhile! You are so right, I am very grateful to be off all the poison. Every day off the poison is better than a day on it...

We all gotta keep moving forward! Wishing you the very best.

:smitten:

I feel sorry for you. I can thank my wonderful pdoc for my slow taper. It seemed insurmountable at 200 mg so someone here told me to throw away my calendar so I did. I’m sure or at least hope you will turn the corner soon. There is a sticky thread called four phases of withdrawal so you might want to check it out. It in orange I’m guessing in protracted or post withdrawal. You are not alone and remember a lot of bad symptoms can hit me at any time. I’m just enjoying it while I can. Remember you are off this poison so that’s what really counts. :smitten:

Oh no! I am praying you never have any symptoms ever! Hope the ball never drops! You are indeed very lucky to have a doc who wisely coordinated a taper with you. What great piece of advice to throw away the calendar, too.  If we were on the drug for years why not give our body time to get off of it? Wish I had thought of it that way at the time!

It's true, our bodies adapt and heal at their own rates, and I am ever-hopeful that mine will heal sooner rather than later. I tapered off quite a few meds, so I won't be surprised if it takes some time, though. Its okay, I'll hang out here for awhile! You are so right, I am very grateful to be off all the poison. Every day off the poison is better than a day on it...

We all gotta keep moving forward! Wishing you the very best.

:smitten:

Exactly. And a good mind set is half the battle. You clearly have that so it should be fast forward for you. At least I hope so. You go warrior! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations! I remember when you crossed to valium! So happy for you!  :smitten:

Wow. That was over five years ago. Yikes! But thanks. :smitten: