Question pain medication

[Fl...]

I have chronic pain. I am on oxycodone until I heal. I recently had a neurectomy of 4 major nerves. Can taking opiates mess with or slow down my CT?  Specifically delay my Gaba receptors from healing? I have no choice at the moment and have to take my pain meds. I am shy 5 months out and still in withdrawal.  Any advice would help.

IMO, yes. It can delay the healing process. But just bc they can doesn’t mean that they will. This is bc opioids depress ur CNS as well as suppress your immune system. I know that while in acute even suboxone would throw me into a wave & that is used to treat opioid addiction. I firmly believe that anything that depresses your CNS can delay recovery, or at least draw it out longer. But this is just my opinion based on my own experience. Take care, all the best.

I've been told by Dr's (and one that use to work in addition specialty) that pain killers are an absolute no no. I had kidney stones a couple of weeks ago and they wouldn't give me more than Naproxen which is just a stong ibuprofen

Watch out for stomach ulcers and renal failure on too much naproxen-))

Agree that opiates slow benzo recovery, there was a thread on it recently?.