I'm free of the beast 5 days

[ca...]

My signature doesn't say it all but started benzo around Aug of 2015. My gastro doctor put me on librax , heck I didn't even know what I was taking until I tried to taper.  It's a long story how I ended up on benzos but quickly switched to Valium and started  my taper.

Total of around 4 yrs on benzos and I'm finally free . Feeling very fatigued , but I'm on my way to healing. Everyone stay the course and you'll get there. I'm totally functional, work everyday but not without difficulty.  I believe having to get up and make it to work really pushes me and helps the healing process.  Headed out on vacation next week. Time to relax .

Slowly this V is leaving my body, my neck muscles are getting worse and my balance is terrible. I keep pushing hopefully it won't get any worse.

Shaky in the morning, a lot of weakness, blurred vision, agoraphobia, and anxiety.

Hang in there bud. The first 2 months were pretty rough, you’re early. Don’t freak out you have some horrible undiagnosed condition, I think that’s what a lot of us do. Keep going, only one way through! You can do it.

Thank you for posting, caltn. I've been thinking of you. Hang in there. ICAN is right. These are early days. Better and better days are ahead.

Gardie :smitten:

Congratulations!!!! What a momentous feat so be free from the beast! You did it! Healing and happiness ahead! 🌈

Just got back from a week vacation . I survived , but that 8 hour drive to the beach was the worse part. I was fatigued but overall got to relax, took everything I could do to go out and eat at a loud restaurant. My anxiety almost got the best of me but I did it. Family time was much needed.

I'm hanging in there :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got to go on the vacation. I'm sure it was hard, but I'll bet you have some good memories.

Gardie :)

I'm glad you got to go on the vacation. I'm sure it was hard, but I'll bet you have some good memories.

Gardie :)

Thanks Gardie

• 3 weeks later...

Today is number 32 days off benzos and feeling better. One thing I don't miss is cutting and weighing my pills. I guess you could say that  one step is part of the healing process. Another thing I'm going to do is call my Nurse Practitioner who worked with me along the way to taper this poison. My PCP would not listen......let me say this again... my Primary Care Physician would not listen when I told him I need to switch to Valium and taper.

32 days free is great! I'm so glad you found a nurse practitioner who helped you cross and taper.:)  I found a psychiatrist who started my Xanax and then helped me cross to Librium. He was a temporary hire and was replaced by a psychiatric nurse who refused to see me. My case was "too complicated." So my PCP took over my taper, following what the psychiatrist started. I am very impressed with your nurse practitioner who was willing to stick her neck out and help you. :thumbsup:

Gardie :smitten: