20 months off..Out-patient surgery, given benzo, caused relapse

[St...]

Oh my freaking gosh..

I had a minor procedure and was given versed prior to the main anesthesia.

No choice in the matter.

I'm in full relapse with racing heart rates, buzzing all over and almost feeling "out-of-body".

My chest is just buzzing and wont stop.

So not only am I recovering from surgery, I feel like I'm floating all over the room.

Anybody else had this problem?

I know it will pass but I sure want to call the paramedics..

:(

Can I ask you what you mean by versed and no choice? I am having general anesthesia fir a procedure in a week and a half and planned on telling them no benzos. I had a Gi bleed in October and didn't know about them using benzos with the anesthesia so I'm not sure if I got zapped without knowing it at 6 months out. I told them I was akerhic on my chart but you know how that goes.

Anyway I'm sure like the other buddy said it will pass and you will be ok and back to where you were soon. Ashton manual says one time shouldn't affect you that much but of course everyone us different. So im hoping you will be one if the ones where it won't affect for long.

Positive,

You do have a choice to advise the anesthesiologists to not give you benzos.  I’ve read of circumstances where benzos were still administered while the patient was “out cold,” but, if that’s true, the hospital is taking quite a risk with a lawsuit.  Get your wishes IN WRITING prior to surgery, signed by all parties in the surgery.

Sofa

My benzo was given as I was put under, prior to Propofol.

She told me as I was being given it and nochance to stop it.

My fault for not asking more questions prior to the procedure.

Propofol by itself doesn't bother me.

So sorry you're going through that.  You will get better and it'll likely only be temporary. 

I had a procedure under general anesthesia  earlier this year and made sure to put on the form no benzos and "NO VERSED". At least you know for the future now and maybe others will see this as I don't think a lot of people here know to say "no" to Versed.

Thanks sofa and others who answered

I'm still not sure what you mean by no versed

I'll Google it

Ok after googling I see versed is a benzo they use with anesthesia

Thanks I'll be sure to tell them

Thanks and good luck stuckinarutagain

Hoping everyone a successful recovery