The one benzo that will work wth water? Builder

[Ma...]

Ativan, I think, Mary. But Builder will verify this.

Katz

Thanks Katz, that is what the lady is on I am working with and I knew there was one, just didn't know what one  :)

This page quotes two different articles that both seem reputable. One says Ativan is water-soluble, and one says Ativan isn't.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/lorazepam

I have found the same thing researching Libirum. Some sources say it is readily water-soluble, and others say it isn't.

I guess with all that certainty Gardie  :laugh:  I will hold out for builder  ;)

the only common benzo that is readily water-soluble is librium.  But some sources say when it's dissolved in water, there are issues with stability.

Folks, there is solid evidence that the common benzos, including ativan are NOT water-soluble, or at best, poorly water-soluble.

And it is an undisputed fact that they are all readily soluble in a tiny amount of either beverage alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.

If you were going to do a DLMT, why would you not choose a proven procedure that based on science, and broad experience, works.  Why would even consider a procedure that is very unlikely to work.

Think about this:  All of the common benzos, diazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam*, and alprozalam are available as an Rx liquid.  And all of the Rx liquids are based on either alcohol of PG solvents.  Apparently the pharma mfgrs know that a solvent is required to dissolve the benzo.

*  Clonazepam is not available as an Rx liquid in the US, but it is available in many overseas countries.

the only common benzo that is readily water-soluble is librium.  But some sources say when it's dissolved in water, there are issues with stability.

Folks, there is solid evidence that the common benzos, including ativan are NOT water-soluble, or at best, poorly water-soluble.

And it is an undisputed fact that they are all readily soluble in a tiny amount of either beverage alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.

If you were going to do a DLMT, why would you not choose a proven procedure that based on science, and broad experience, works.  Why would even consider a procedure that is very unlikely to work.

Think about this:  All of the common benzos, diazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam*, and alprozalam are available as an Rx liquid.  And all of the Rx liquids are based on either alcohol of PG solvents.  Apparently the pharma mfgrs know that a solvent is required to dissolve the benzo.

*  Clonazepam is not available as an Rx liquid in the US, but it is available in many overseas countries.

Thank builder! 

I used the Rx liquid Xanax when I was tapering it. It was sooooo easy. Just dilute and measure.

If one has access to an Rx liquid benzo, that is certainly the optimum choice.

But makng your own really works just as well, and takes only a tiny bit more preparation.

I used the Rx liquid Xanax when I was tapering it. It was sooooo easy. Just dilute and measure.

But makng your own really works just as well, and takes only a tiny bit more preparation.

Yes. I was comparing the Rx liquid to opening my teeny, tiny Librium capsules and dumping out the powder without spilling it. Or getting it stuck under my finger nails. Or dropping the broken capsule and watching it roll across the floor leaving a trail of benzo dust behind. Hopefully after Saturday I will never have to do it again! :D

Yes. I was comparing the Rx liquid to opening my teeny, tiny Librium capsules and dumping out the powder without spilling it. Or getting it stuck under my finger nails. Or dropping the broken capsule and watching it roll across the floor leaving a trail of benzo dust behind. Hopefully after Saturday I will never have to do it again! :D

Gard, is that THE DAY!!    :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap:

Barring any catastrophe before then, last dose Saturday night. Jump Sunday. Knock wood!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fba08a3ada5bc179444f0532a35114c64%2Ftenor.gif&f=1

Barring any catastrophe before then, last dose Saturday night. Jump Sunday. Knock wood!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fba08a3ada5bc179444f0532a35114c64%2Ftenor.gif&f=1

Oh, I will knock like crazy, you wonderful woman!!  ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Yay! The more knocking the better, right?  Undoes jinxes, right?  ::):laugh:

There won't be any catastrophes.  You're gonna be home free! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There won't be any catastrophes.  You're gonna be home free! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, builder.  :hug: (Nobody watch while I hug builder.)

Yay! The more knocking the better, right?  Undoes jinxes, right?  ::):laugh:

Cant says no jinxes on bb.  I believe him!!  :D :D

I know there is one but have only seen it discussed once.  Could you tell me which one it is please?

Lorazepam is sufficienty water soluble when you apply the correct procedure, and very probable some others are too, but I have only experience with lorazepam.

In my opinion and according to my own experience, 1 mg lorazepam is soluble in 100 ml water at room temperature, provided you wait long enough to let it dissolve and shake thoroughly and long enough.

I am doing a pure water titration with 1 mg lorazepam myself and had no problems at all with the transition from dry cutting to liquid titration.

For more information about the water solubility of lorazepam see this post:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=217524.msg2806791#msg2806791