How does healing happen?

[Be...]

To those who are healed, how does healing happen to you? Do you just wake up one day feeling healed and continue feeling so from that point on?

[55...]
I would have a good day then a bad day then 2 good days and 1 bad and so on until the bad was hardly noticeable . But It did turn to good fairly quick.

I would have a good day then a bad day then 2 good days and 1 bad and so on until the bad was hardly noticeable . But It did turn to good fairly quick.

I was like you, more good days and less bad ones at around the 1 year mark, but then I relapsed for no apparent reason, and started having more bad days and the good ones are now hardly noticeable!

Are you still on anti-histamines? They can lower Acetylcholine overtime.

https://www.me-pedia.org/wiki/Acetylcholine

I use clarinex (deslortadine) it has minimal anticholinergic effects. It is a nonsedative antihistamine with (selective activity against histamine (H1) receptors.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/publications/issue/2002/2002-03/2002-03-6834

Please tell me why would antihistamines (anticholinergic) drugs be a problem in hindering my healing?

Are you still on anti-histamines? They can lower Acetylcholine overtime.

https://www.me-pedia.org/wiki/Acetylcholine

And also when did you suffer from crushing fatigue?

I started getting sudden bouts of unprecedented crushing fatigue (where I can't carry myself and would totally collapse) at around 2 years off and thereafter!

Yes, I had such fatigue that I had to stay in bed for days. Walking to the bathroom was a workout. I am still tired all the time but not like for the first year. The first year it felt like my brain would shut off from fatigue.

The link in my original response has more info on why decreasing acetylcholine might be problematic.

Even non-Drowsy antihistamines like clarinex?

That I do not know, unfortunately.

Thank you ideallifevision, you opened my eyes to antihistamines and I wasn't paying attention to them.

:smitten:

I was like you, more good days and less bad ones at around the 1 year mark, but then I relapsed for no apparent reason, and started having more bad days and the good ones are now hardly noticeable!

No apparent reason? You yourself said on the other thread that you were doing so many good things for yourself (eating clean, exercising etc) for one year and you stopped and now you feel shit, stop looking for answers when you know full well that your backwards healing is down to you.

This is the type of post that makes people think that healing can be snatched away from them after everything they have been through, it makes people lose hope when you are responsible yourself for your decline. So stop winging about the benzos being responsible, healing os hard enough, take responsibility for your own life and healing instead of looking for answers that allow to not take responsibility for your own health.

I'm sorry if this comes across as being a bit snarky but I love all the members here far to much to let them wallow in there own misery. Change your mindset and get your arse off the couch and back to the gym and cut out the junk food. Go and grab life by the balls and live it well.

No apparent reason? You yourself said on the other thread that you were doing so many good things for yourself (eating clean, exercising etc) for one year and you stopped and now you feel shit, stop looking for answers when you know full well that your backwards healing is down to you.

This is the type of post that makes people think that healing can be snatched away from them after everything they have been through, it makes people lose hope when you are responsible yourself for your decline. So stop winging about the benzos being responsible, healing os hard enough, take responsibility for your own life and healing instead of looking for answers that allow to not take responsibility for your own health.

I'm sorry if this comes across as being a bit snarky but I love all the members here far to much to let them wallow in there own misery. Change your mindset and get your arse off the couch and back to the gym and cut out the junk food. Go and grab life by the balls and live it well.

Yes, and if I was fully healed after living the good healthy life style, I wouldn't feel like crap even if I ate junk food! At worst, I would be just like I used to be before I started this benzo shit. And yes I'm looking for answers! Everybody is looking for answers, that's why we are here! And, sometimes we unintentionally contradict ourselves, or we phrase questions in a slightly different ways, it happens! But that doesn't mean we have ill intentions.

Peace to you.

I wonder why people who suggest you take responsibility for your own life don't take their own advice and take responsibility for their own feelings (of fear of not healing, for example) and especially stop attacking other members for asking innocent questions...

People have setbacks all the time by no fault of their own. I've had two major ones. In fact, getting worse before getting better is a common pattern. It's a bit offensive to accuse others of "not taking responsibility" when there is no way to know what caused his setback. Sometimes they happen for no reason. There's no way of knowing...and we heal regardless of whether we sometimes eat junk food. And some of us have trouble doing a lot of exercise. Not being able to exercise doesn't impede healing, either. This suggestion that some of us are lazy brings a lot of four-letter words to my mind. It suggests you have gotten off easy in this. Maybe if you were bedbound or debilitated more than you apparently are, you would have more empathy. You have no idea what others are going through and it's pretty clear you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Hello Kam19,

Benzo Buddies is a support forum.  People come here for a kind word and encouragement as they go through what can be the most challenging thing they've ever done. 

Windows and waves just happen, it's the nature of the non linear healing.  Eating clean is good for your overall health and I did this too. However, I also allowed myself treats with no guilt.  Calling someone lazy is not appropriate. You are not in their shoes, you don't know how they feel, what they go through day to day.  Some people are able to exercise, some are not. Symptoms vary widely from one individual to another. 

The blame should not be place on the person, the blame should fall on the benzos and the significant changes they make to the central nervous system.

The old saying that is you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all is applicable here.  If someone frustrates you for some reason, leave the thread and find a different one that best suits your needs. 

Treat everyone here with respect, this is part of our rules and guidelines.

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

pianogirl

Ok everyone, let's take things down a notch.  I have posted on the thread so no further comments are necessary.

Let's return the thread to it's topic.

pianogirl